Chapter 17

(underline is Meadow talking-----bold is Conrad)

The moms come into the living room and quietly pull Conrad and me to the kitchen telling us we need to let Shawn get some rest. 

My phone buzzes

 I nod and walk out to the back door the summer breeze hitting my face and making my hair whip in front of my face

 I nod and walk out to the back door the summer breeze hitting my face and making my hair whip in front of my face. I almost trip walking down the steps from being blinded by my hair. But a hand catches and steadies me. I wipe my hair away from my eyes and see Conrad coming to my rescue for the second time today. I'm grateful he caught me.  He laughs and goes to sit by the pool. I follow him take off my shoes and stick my feet in water. It's warm against my skin I sway my feet back and forth rubbing them against smooth tiles. We sit in a comfortable silence only the sound of seagulls flying above can be heard the water looks super clear against the reflection of the blue sky. The sun burns on my skin as I decide to ask him.  "Hey, can we talk about the stuff happening between us recently?" He looks at me and almost looks nervous. I can feel my heart speed up as I wait for him to say something. He takes a breath in and exhales and nods his head. But before he has a chance to say anything Susanah comes rushing outside and comes over to us and says she knew we would win the play-it-forward game. I smile up at her. She looks at Conrad and says that she made him ask me to the dance cause she knew we would be great together. I look to Conrad bitter and heartbroken I pull my legs out of the water and run up to my room. 

Conrad looks up at Susanah like really mom. She looks confused and then realizes what she said. 

I run up to my room crying and gently close my door still knowing my brother is downstairs resting. I hear my phone chime.

I decided to take a quick nap before the party with the debs

I decided to take a quick nap before the party with the debs. I wake up to my alarm of Taylor Swift it plays Enchanted softly with Taylor saying good morning it's time to get up have a great day I leave it playing the soft music of Enchanted. As I lay in bed contemplating tell Belly I'm tired from the game. My heart still physically hurts I honestly thought Conrad asked me cause he likes me, I can't believe I was so stupid. 

I'm just gonna post this short chapter I'm working on the actual skinny dipping scene I have the outline of it written out already I just need to actually write it. I love you guys thanks so much for 690 reads we are currently 145 in #conradfisher and 12 in #meadow anyways this is 524 words.