Chapter 9

Song for chapter Beige-------Yoke Lore

It's the next morning and I can smell the pancakes downstairs. I open my eyes a little I try to get up but something is holding me down. I fully open my eyes and see Conrad in bed with me. I instantly feel my face heat up as I remember kissing his cheek last night. I instantly feel him stir in his sleep and he opens his eyes. We smile at each other. We hear my doorknob start to turn and quickly close our eyes. Belly comes into my room to tell me breakfast is ready I guess but I'm ""asleep" I hear her gasp and it's so hard not to laugh. under the blanket, Conrad squeezes my arm signaling me to stay quiet. After a couple of seconds, Belly leaves and then my phone buzzes.

 After a couple of seconds, Belly leaves and then my phone buzzes

( she took a pic of them cuddling)

I show Conrad and he says to send it to him and I smile. after sending Conrad the picture. We both get off the bed and he goes to leave but I grab his hand and pull him to me. I give him a big tight hug as if I'll never be able to hug him again. He smiles down at me and then leaves my room. We walk down the stairs smiling at each other. we walk into the kitchen following the smell of delicious pancakes. I spot Belly and she just grins at me and Conrad. Happy birthday, Bells. The Mickey pancakes are done Laurel says. I go grab a plate and Conrad does the same. He then goes to grab the syrup from the pantry. We go sit down and I go to grab the syrup from him but he stops me. He opens the cap and goes to pour some syrup on my pancakes but he doesn't just dump it on them. He looks like he is drawing something. When he's done I realize what he put on my pancakes is the same thing he put on them when we were 10. I look up at him and smile. Susana stands up when everybody is done eating and says it's time for gifts. Jere looks excited as he tells Belly. She's gonna love his gift. Conrad and I smile at him. Laurel tells him to calm down cause she and Susana are first. Laurel got Belly a first-edition poetry book Belly says thank you very ungratefully. Turn to the bookmarked page Laurel tells her. Belly exclaims I remember Susana teaching us to recite this poem Belly starts and we all join in. "For Whatever we lose like a me or you it's always ourselves we find in the sea." Susana gave her a pearl necklace. I think about it I got a pearl bracelet from Susana on my 16th birthday. Steven and Shawn go next. Steven gave her a Princeton sweatshirt so she doesn't"steal his". Shawn gave her some cash and said she could go to Rosies and buy a blueberry pie. Ok, it's Jere's turn he hands her the small box. She opens it and rushes over to Jere to give him a huge hug. The moms look confused and ask Belly what it is. It's a charm bracelet with a little swimmer charm.

 It's a charm bracelet with a little swimmer charm

Me next I say

Me next I say. I place the small box in her hand she rips off the bow and lifts the lid she looks at me and then at Jere and smiles. 

Conrad hands her yet another small box she looks confused

Conrad hands her yet another small box she looks confused. She opens the lid and laughs saying all 3 of us cordinated gifts this year. 

She stands up and hugs all 3 of us

She stands up and hugs all 3 of us. Taylor says I guess it's my turn she's last. She hands belly a bag and says thanks and then turns away I need to ask her what happened later. Belly pulls out a purple bikini and Jere laughs saying Belly wouldn't wear it. Belly slaps his shoulder I would wear this I'll wear it right now let's go swimming. We all go up to change and get in the pool. In the pool, Conrad keeps peeking and glances at me I keep smiling at him I mean I can't help it. I swim over to Belly and ask her what happened with Taylor. She says Taylor and Steven kissed last night at the party that's why she left early. Belly you need to forgive her best friends come once in a lifetime. It was just gross to walk in on them kissing. Ok just talk to her and tell her it was weird for you. We swim for a while before Belly and I take Taylor to the bus stop. We say our goodbyes and send her off.

The next chapter is the 4th of July party not changing much from that episode most stuff that's belly will be Meadow. 

925 words I love you keep reading comment and vote Thanks so much for 160 reads crazy.