Chapter 13

I wake up to the smell of bacon. I get dressed in my Playitforward Team outfit. Shawn is my partner later in the volleyball game except he is awful at volleyball. As I head downstairs I hear Jere starting to make fun of Shawn. He tells him not to break a bone today buddy.

Flashback 

Shawn and I had just turned 13 a week ago. We were all on the beach playing volleyball. Steven and I were on one team and Conrad and Shawn were on the other. Belly and Jere were swimming in the ocean. I still remember the way the sand burned on our feet. we often took breaks and would race to the water. Steven hit the ball over the net and Shawn was running backward to hit it and he tripped and tried catching himself with his arms and he landed right on his left arm and screamed. I had never seen my brother in so much pain before. All three moms came running from their lounge chairs. I remember my mom and Laurel taking him to the hospital because Susanah couldn't even look at his arm. She was in such shock. Susanah drove all of us kids home I went straight to the backyard and stuck my feet in the pool. I was so worried about Shawn that I didn't even hear when he came outside and sat with me. I feel an arm around me and see Conrad sitting with me telling me Shawn was gonna be fine. He stayed with me the entire time until Shawn came back with his red cast and let me be the first to sign it. And when Conrad broke his arm 2 weeks later I stayed by his side and we did everything together. I was the only person he let sign his cast I wrote my name with an infinity symbol next to it. 

End Flashback

I walk into view of the boys and tell Jere to stop picking on Shawn. I grab a plate and head over to get some bacon. I take my bacon outside to eat and see Susannah she comes up to me and steals a piece of bacon right off my plate. I go inside after I'm done eating.

this is a very short chapter and I'm sorry I haven't been writing 388 words love you all