4

Narrated by JULIET

Plop!

The sound of the notification breaks my concentration from the music that I have playing on the computer while I remain with my headphones. I review my homework, I mark the point where I ended up in the online Spanish classes and change tabs confirming that I have received a response to the message I left Mr. Deniz. Unfortunately it's not time for class anymore, but I really want to be able to chat with him or see him, a matter that makes me think about rescheduling the conversation for this precise moment.

I know it's not very professional of me, but it's not like I'm just going to throw myself at him, knowing that I like him. Just having a chat and giving classes to such an attractive man doesn't mean I'm going to miss my work act accordingly.

His message appears on the screen.

"Hello?" he asks me.

"Good morning, Mr. Deniz. I think his class time is over and the system doesn't allow us to have it now. We'll have to reschedule it, is that okay with you? I also warn you that this platform makes a minimal charge to your card as a fine, but if we take the class in the next twenty-four hours at the latest, it will be deducted from the charge. Do you wish to continue?"

After submitting his explanation, he remains online. He types a response that soon appears on the screen:

"Oh, you are something of a private teacher."

What happened?

Of course I'm not a "private teacher" but I'm an online teacher who he has contacted to teach his son ... or him ... or something.

I proceed groping with respect, especially since support constantly reviews our interaction with students/customers.

"I am the teacher Juliet Mindy, with whom you have requested a Turkish class to teach the language to your young son. Isn't it so? Didn't you request it?"

His delay is not long in coming.

"Understood. So you're not something like a Tinder date. And this is not a dating app."

What the hell is happening to him?

Also, don't you have a wife? Because if you mean I'm some kind of whore, you're completely wrong.

From the photo in question and the little information I have so far, he has a son! He also has a wife! I wouldn't believe him if he told me that this beautiful woman is the sister or the ex.

However, I would like to find a date like him on Tinder, but he is not the kind of man that I usually come across on that application when I go in to pass the time and get an idea of ​​what it is like to find a catalog date. It is clear that someone came into this man's life before if he has a son, if not he is gay. At least my prejudice makes me consider those two alternatives.

"Mr. Deniz," I write to him. "I would like to know if you are interested in rescheduling our class today so we can start the process. Otherwise, I request that you report it with the button below that implies Terminate Process to find another professor of the same discipline. Yes? This is not Tinder. Thank you very much!"

Unfortunately we are not on Tinder, but I will not put my job at risk when the chat is monitored from the platform.

"Nerd. I don't want to stop talking to you."

Okay, this already smells like cyberbullying to me. Or, something like a crazy person who just wants to play a joke on me.

It is that many people still do not understand that this is work, that we improve the quality of life of those who try to find quick and effective solutions for such a crucial barrier as language resources.

"You see," he adds, "I'm not Kerem. I'm kind of like Ali's babysitter... He can't contact you right now, but damn, you're very attractive."

They are going to penalize me if I continue this conversation, in the first instance because they are falsifying the identity of a user. It's against the rules.

For a moment I think about the possibility that perhaps it is another teacher within the same language on the platform who wants the platform to impose some sanction on me or set me up so that my excellence score changes.

No sir. You're not going to get it.

But neither can I simply interrupt the conversation because of a supposed belief that has just crossed my mind, which would be a more than justified reason to have my account suspended.

"Thank you" I say without further ado.

I once heard in an audiobook that if someone compliments you it's important that you accept it, treasure the compliment and be thankful for it. Never apologize for any compliment they give you, believe yourself worthy of it

Although these classes are not about self-esteem or self-improvement like the book I heard back then.

"I am Elijah. My pleasure."

"Sorry, I can't contact accounts that are probably being compromised by a third party."

I analyze the possibility of reporting it, however, I wait to see what his response is that does not take long at all:

"Oops! That's right, my friend's privacy and so on. But tell me one thing: are you single? May I buy you a drink?"

"Sorry, I must report this chat."

"Heavens, no. Do not do it please."

"?"

"Ignore my attempts to flirt with you. It's that my friend really needs it for his son. What's more, the little one is rolling around on the carpet at home right now while his babysitter talks to an attractive girl he wants to see soon."

"..."

"Stop, forget it. Kerem will reschedule the class for sure. And I don't think a surcharge on his card would bother him. He won't even notice it."

"I look forward to rescheduling the class with the owner of this account."

And I say goodbye, closing the chat.

Well, if they have to report the chat, let them be the same as Support, I don't think I have broken the principles of this website by warning him.

Once the window disappears, I remain pensive for a moment.

But... What just happened?

I return to my class trying to focus, considering the option that I have come out of that strange chat with flying colors. I'm not surprised, all over the Internet one finds random people.

Look at me.

For now, I'll ignore him and continue with my work, every now and then going back to the profile to see the photo of Kerem Deniz.