24

KEREM

I have sticky thoughts. Is there such a word to refer to one's thoughts? I can't find a better way to name what is happening to me now. God, it had been a long time since I lost control like that, without getting drunk. It is a reality, it is a reality that before I could bring everything under a dominant control both in my life and in that of others.

Nowadays, everything is different. I am not even able to control the life I lead or the things I do.

"Calm down, we're almost there. Don't be alarmed, sir."

"Huh?"

Well, apparently I can't control my thoughts either because I think I thought out loud and she heard me.

What I was missing.

Still...

"Do you know what happened? It's okay. I feel good like this. It gives me freedom, which I can't get when sober."

Well, at least that's what I think I'm telling her.

But my overly slurred tongue articulates some strange things:

"I'm free, I assume I'm not going to be.."

"You'd better be able to maintain your self-control and sobriety sooner rather than later, sir," she warns.

The good part is that she understands what I say to her.

Because I don't know why, but I really want to say a few things that the traditional context doesn't allow me.

"Listen to me, Juliet... Yes, I know that's your name and not Judith. Listen to me, you are pretty and very sexy."

"Pretty and very sure."

I am sure that tomorrow I will regret it.

"I think he's had more to drink than he thought to say those things," she blurts out once we're inside the hotel.

"Let's go to the elevator."

She helps me.

"Miss, do you need help?"

One of the servants approaches and tries to flirt with my girl. Stop there, predator. Don't even think about going near Juliet.

She's not mine, but as long as she's under my command, she won't belong to anyone either.

"Agrás, bugta fig!" I yelled at him.

They both look at me in surprise.

I know I'm not one to use profanity in public, but I already said that tonight I feel free.

"We're fine, thanks," she says.

We get into the elevator.

Faced with such proximity, I lean against one of the mirrored walls, trying to get away from her, but I can't help but see her delicate plump lips in the reflection.

"Sir, I'll leave you in your room to rest and I'll go to mine," she declares.

And I begin to quickly feel my pockets. Shit.

"It can't be" I say or so I think I say, in my thoughts the words sound nice. "I think I have lost the magnetic card, we must go down and request for the spare."

"That won't be necessary, sir. I have it."

She shows it to me.

Huh? Why?

"You forgot it when we left the hotel and I took it."

"Why would you take it?" I ask her.

"I figured it would be a good idea to keep it."

"You wanted to get into my bed."

"What?"

"My...You were going to..."

"No, sir. Nothing like that."

"Well, I do want to."

She is silent and stays that way for a while. Once inside, she tries to turn on the lights, but I take it upon myself to complete the task.

Is this the part where I put my pajamas on?

"S-sir," she outlines.

"Shhhh." Judiet, don't go.

Don't go now.

"Sir, you are extremely drunk," she declares.

Tell me something I don't know, baby

"You've been drinking too."

"Don't wander."

I drag her with me until we both throw ourselves on the bed.

I can feel her desire.

She is able to perceive mine.

Not well.

It is not at all.

But neither is the time I've been suffering from this, I won't allow myself in another situation to come to something like this.

"I'd better let you rest. Sir, I can come back later and see if you're okay, I..." she tries to speak, but I don't let her.

I pull her shirt forward, until it is pressed against my chest.

"I said don't go, I insist."

Her breathing is fast.

Her heart is racing.

Her mouth is very close to mine.

She wants to say one more word, but no matter how much we both oppose forces, we know what happens between the two of us.

And we also know very well that we will not have another opportunity like this, mainly because I myself will not allow it.

"You may regret this tomorrow."

Her voice is a whisper.

One so sweet that it caresses the skin of my lips.

"Yes," I assure.

And I reduce the distance between the two to nothing, giving in to desire and sealing her silence with mine in a sweet and hot kiss.