54

JULIET

"One! Two! Three! Drink!"

Rhonda takes the glass between her teeth, picks it up and drinks what's in it. She swallows everything in one gulp, although of course the rest is dripping. Her blouse is already soaked in the drink that has completely spilled out.

My breath stops between laughing and drinking, the most complicated point being that after her it's my turn with the game of glasses. Once Jordan takes care of the drink, he signals me and I force myself to go for the same option. Alcohol has been silencing the voice of my conscience that warns me that everything that is happening to me is not right, but I don't have any other alternatives either. This is the story, I must comply with it. I decided to drink and participate in everything even though I know that so much liquor is making me lose track of reason, even doing things that I did not expect from myself.

This I am ready for, here I go.

They yell their typical countdown until I grab my hair, duck my head, bite the rim of the glass, and part my lips as I rise, letting the contents spill into my mouth. I admit that almost everything is lost, leaving me totally passed out on liquor. I look at my shirt and my bra shows. Oh dear!

"Wooooow, that's it!"

Setting the glass down, I try to back away, but I get dizzy and Rhonda catches me, asking through a slurred tongue as if she's under anesthesia,

"Are you still bieg?"

I shrug.

"I do not know." Geez, I have a hard time talking. In my thoughts the words run smoothly, but when I try to speak, it seems that my mouth doesn't want to take me right in the middle of all this effort.

"Come, fallow deer to gummies."

"To...what?" I mumble.

She takes my hand and asks Jordan about the bathrooms. He points out the ones above, because apparently the ones below are impossible. They exchange a few words and then he turns to me.

"Lend us some... t-shirts..."

"Uh-huh," I mumble, not sure if I can return that shirt to him properly, but that shouldn't be a problem. I have almost thirty thousand dollars in my bank account. I'm sure I can replace that shirt for fifty dollars at the most, that he's going to lend me.

We went up the stairs and it seems that the music entered a tunnel. There are several doors, one of them ajar and we see a couple pushing a desk against the wall and I try to look in another direction. Wow, these people who start doing carpentry work at this hour, that's crazy.

With Rhonda we exchanged a look and burst out laughing. It is because of this kind of adventure that she is my best friend, she is that person with whom you exchange a glance and you immediately know that she has the power to read your thoughts and know all your truth, she is the one who laughs with you instead of judging you as would make someone unknown. With whom do you share risks and things in common due to so many situations, that is what I have to be enjoying right now, not the stress that I had to go through before, I do not deserve that treatment and it will never be an option for me.

"Oh, friend... I love you," I tell her, hanging onto her shoulders in a hug.

"And I to you... war!"

"What?"

"Wait, I have to oguinar, that one with the guinal must be according to the room of the chocolate..."

"Jordan?"

"Aha, go, I'm coming."

She locks herself in the nearest bathroom that is on our way and I continue walking to the room in question. First I bring my ear closer to confirm that there is no one or so it seems. I turn the handle, discovering that it is open, I push the door and I see a room with an untidy bed, a play station game and elements that show that an extremely basic boy is the one who is spending his nights here, with dumbbells and irons. Bedside physical exercise.