5

KEREM

In no way do they think that this will stay like this! I will start a lawsuit against this blessed airline. How come we found out from the news what happened to the flight?

The woman who is in charge of the management of the branch of this airport is the one who has left and they have gathered all the relatives in a private room to explain the details about how the plane was lost from radar, at what point , theories about the point of arrival of the flight, but what remains latent and everyone here says between tears and despair, that it is little...probable that...

Heavens, no! I refuse to think that this could be the case, I do not justify in any way that this can happen, that they tell us about ninety percent of the cases and all they want, but she is my wife. My wife was on that plane that now they can't locate! I don't understand how a machine of I don't know how many tons flying through the skies can end up being by an entire airline!

There are government entities and security forces in the room. I don't care, I'm going to sing the forty if necessary.

"Sir," the woman who can't be more than twenty-eight years old tells me, and she's the one they send to show her face, "we already explained to you that the information was leaked even before we could confirm it ourselves."

"Did it leak that a plane didn't land when it should have? Oh my, but what a strange business."

"They reported it to us from the airport, but minutes ago we lost contact and tried to establish it, without success so far."

"I don't believe any excuse!"

"Please," says one of the guards, putting a hand on my shoulder. "You better keep your composure. The representative of Yenz Airlines has already provided the pertinent explanations."

"I'm worth those explanations, we need our relatives to appear!"
Others present also insist from absolute indignation that our loved ones be returned to us, that they provide us with explanations, the claim becomes more and more elevated in tone and achieves that many people who were about to board flights end up giving up doing so, it is even canceled the route on which the previous flight departed.

The girl who answers for those of Yenz decides to move away, shielded by other security guards while we support our claims.

In an instant I decide to sit in one of the seats, watching the screen in front where the flights are announced.

One that flew out minutes after my wife's, announces its arrival. My heart thumps in my chest at the thought that it could be hers.

I hope that the screen announces that it has been a successful arrival, that everything is fine, that all this has just been a disappointment and a bad time. I cling tooth and nail to the option. I hear a voice that seems distant to me, it is my company assistant who is in the United States with me.

"Mr. Deniz" he speaks to me and I feel him from afar as if I were in a tunnel and everyone was at one end of the other. "Mister!"

A high-pitched whistle pierces my ears from end to end. I crouch, incorporating my head down, as if I wanted to go underground. I want to scream. I want to scream so loudly... but I can't, my voice doesn't come out. I have claimed everything that has been possible without success since that is not going to assure me of anything.

My eyes fill with tears as I think of Zara.

In her eyes.

"Love you."

You promised.

"I love you both".

You promised!

"I'll be back tomorrow."

"Don't even think I'll let you fly alone again, Zara! I will not allow it, I will not go through this again!

"I promise."

"MISTER!"
He shakes me and I can barely make out my surroundings as I realize he's trying to snap me out of the trance state I'm in.

The moment I focus my visual field, I discover Neville at my side clad in a jacket and black gloves.

His dark eyes stare at me.

"Neville," I say with just a small voice that makes my chaining of letters into weak words audible. "Y...you're here."

"Yes. Please take this."

He points me to some pills and water.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"It will help you relax."

"I don't want to relax, I don't want to! I just need to see my wife again!"

"Surely so, sir. But you better be able to take one of these at least it helps you find some peace right now."

"Peace? No. I don't want peace."

"I know."

"Neville." I turn to him, barely noticing that my tears are wetting my cheeks, falling from the sockets. "Have you ever been in a situation similar to this? Do you know what it means, what's happening?

"No sir. But I understand your pain."

Something causes a disturbance around us.

People seem to be moved by something.

I don't know what it's about. Some hug each other, others cry, others have their eyes fixed on the screen. The line with the flight in which Zara left is no longer in orange but in red, with a warning in the flight status.

"What does that mean, Neville?" I ask him.

He turns and looks too.

He puts a hand to his mouth, shocked by what he's seeing.

"N...Nev..." I insist. "Tell me what's going on."

Then the doors open.

Two men in suits enter with a large team of security people and an emergency medical guard.

"This is the senior manager of the airport speaking to you, we also have the senior executive of Yenz Airlines in communication," the guy explains.

No.

Don't say it.

No.

The atmosphere becomes icy.

Cutting.

He could hurt us with any dangerous gesture.

Don't say it, please. Do not do it!

He takes a long sigh before putting on his thickest voice to infringe authority on news that no one can pass down their throats without cutting their spirits.

"We have located the plane. This had a technical malfunction that we are still investigating, but everything seems to indicate that a snowstorm in the northwest of the Rockies Mountains or the Rockies has caused the plane to leave the air route and end up crashing... We are afraid that there are no survivors."