16

JULIET

"What the hell is this?" I ask, looking at what I have on my plate. Ali is next to me in a boy's chair being served some weird porridge, while I've just been served something that looks weird, smells weird and I don't expect much more in terms of taste. On my other side is Kerem who listens to me speak, leans towards me and says softly:

"You just eat and shut up."

Elijah, a friend of Kerem's catches my eye. His friend is a hottie. Blonde, tall, athletic, he bears a very close resemblance to Chris Hemsworth, perhaps with not so much muscle mass. Kerem surpasses him in terms of physical appearance, but that does not mean that both are not tremendously attractive.

Also, Elijah looks like a born womanizer, I would never trust myself to get carried away by a person like him. However, the Turkish beauty and the warm blood of Kerem give him a different presence, it is a magnetic force with all the letters that invades his entire person.

I am fascinated by what he does to his physical presence, but I hate him at the same time for being an arrogant, despotic and bullying millionaire. I'm only here for little Ali who should never have deserved a fate like the one he received.

According to Thammy, the circle close to Kerem tells that he used to be a cold man but the horrible quality of person he became after the death of his wife. He also says that mentioning Zara is a dirty word, so I don't know if he's denying that she ever existed or if he's denying that she died in that plane crash and she's not here anymore.

"Kerem," Elijah mutters furiously. "You're an idiot, you can't talk like that to the woman who takes care of your child."

"Several women take care of my son," he says while they fill our glasses with delicious-smelling wine.

"You see how he treats me, your friend is a despicable scoundrel," I tell Elijah, complaining to him.

"Do you see how she treats me?" Kerem counters.

The blonde rolls his eyes and this time challenges us both:

"Stop treating each other like that, or the first words Ali will learn to say will be 'shut up scoundrel'. Let's see, answering your question, this is tofu and this is salmon. And this here is cream cheese."

"What a strange combination," I say as I push some things and also some greens with my fork.

"It's a wise choice to start with the food," Elijah says as he invites me to try. "I did, It's not bad."

The fish sentences a party of flavors against my palate.

"This is magnificent," I declare, gulping down the piece I just popped into my mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, for God's sake," Kerem blurts out and hands me a napkin, which frustrates me even more. I won't accept it, I already have mine.

"Leave her, Kerem," Elijah insists.

"I'll have the governess teach you manners along with Ali."

"Maammmmmmmm."

Ali celebrates that his name was just called and makes himself known. I turn to him, wipe my mouth on my own napkin, and say,

"Oh, honey. Sorry. I was too busy fighting with your father, he is a magnificent and bright person, I have never met someone better."

The little boy lets out a laugh and I say quietly, but audibly enough for Kerem to notice what I'm pointing out:

"Don't laugh like that, we know it was a joke, but he's not that bad either."