23

JULIET

For the first time in my life, I see something so big, so powerful and so beautiful. I am fascinated as soon as I look around so red, with the rounded top, dense, it seems about to overflow with so much brightness.

It's pure luxury all around.

Fascinated, I contemplate the building of the club where we have now come, sure that I never thought I would visit a place like this before, I suspected that they were only seen in movies or television series.

I had never seen such a big club. Never. Yes other smaller ones, but with triple the number of people, this one is exclusive, with select people and where you only attend by invitation since the entrance is not only very expensive but it is not enough just to pay what they ask to get entry.

From the beginning there are very nice people, the kind of people who seem to have been chosen from a casting rather than from a job search call. I imagine that the human resources criteria is also very different.

Beautiful women with faces loaded with glitter, bare backs, high-level dresses, stiletto shoes. Broad-shouldered, tall, mostly athletic, light-eyed men, many in clothing so tight that their massive biceps appear to be the star of other people's visuals. There are also people with diverse and non-binary genders who also show a magnanimous level of production.

In our case, when passing with Elijah's invitations on the mobile, we are led inside. There is a central dance floor where everyone can order drinks and dance, although it is a bit early for the latter, there are people who drink some alcohol at the moment to warm up. However, we pass by one side, on the way to a side area where there is an entrance to a large, spacious room, with flower arrangements at the entrance, led lights around and a group of men in suits and a woman who is between them and is the one who welcomes guests.

They exchange a few words with Elijah and Kerem, but as expected, Kerem walks past while Elijah tries to interact with the business girl who greets us at the entrance with flirt symbols.

"I'll be back later and you keep telling me, beautiful," I hear him say, but the woman has barely greeted him.

Of course, as long as he gets at least something fleeting, that man is a true casanova and knows what he produces in other girls with his smooth talk and physical attractiveness.

Once we position ourselves in a set of armchairs with a table in the center, I observe that there are expensive drinks, pieces of fruit, and citrus fruits.

I stay in the middle between Kerem and Elijah, on the couches.

I propose to move to the opposite side of my boss, since surely he finds it unbearable, however, Kerem keeps me attached to the same place with one arm raised as soon as he points out with a firm voice.

"No way."

"Why?"

"There's no need."

I look at him strangely, but finally we end up settling in like this, being relegated to an uncomfortable place that not even alcohol is responsible for lowering. I order a spicy gin and tonic that I alternate with the fruit. I also taste the tequila that Ellijah has ordered, everything is delicious and so expensive that if I had to pay for anything we drink, the fortune that they will pay me for being the one who guides the little one Ali, I'd spend it in one night.

It is all paid for by the entrepreneurs. Is it really necessary? If they save what they spend on these kinds of events, surely they could allocate those payments better, although they know the matter better than I do, they handle other kinds of numbers and surely entertaining and intoxicating others is an investment.