40

JULIET

Ali already recognizes a Turkish children's song that I have been playing this time from my mobile while we share play spaces. Now he tries to imitate some sounds between babbling and shakes his upper body while listening to the music. He also holds on to my hands to climb and try to crawl in an attempt to support himself with both little feet. He is a beautiful boy with a normal development that seems to have been a little complicated when his mother was taken from him overnight and he was left in the care of a father who was completely hermetic in his responsibilities towards the little one.

Now, with Thammy from her work and me from mine, we begin to feel proud to see him so happy and that he tries to grow and improve his performance.

Returning him to Kerem's New York apartment, I ask him about where I can stay and he points me to a guest room. Thammy has her apartment on the outskirts of the city with her partner and Neville also rents a flat in the city. The idea of ​​sharing a flat with Kerem makes me a little anxious, but it doesn't repel me. On the contrary, it leaves me waiting for the moment to be alone.

During the meal, he orders delivery and as the three of us arrange ourselves around the food. Ali begins to dance and babble the song and wave his little hands in front of the plate.

"Yei yei buuubuuu, yeei buu, buuu," little Ali shakes.

I have to get his plate away before he makes a mess on the table that could anger Kerem. However, he stares at him from the end of the table.

"La, la, la, yes, but then we'll dance again, sweetheart," I tell the boy. "Now we have to eat, we have to eat."

"Wait, I know that song," Kerem says.

"Yes," I murmur. "It is likely, it is a typical children's song that you may have grown up listening to it too."

"Yeei, yeeei buuuu," Ali insists.

Kerem sings it and leaves me totally surprised:

"Şehirde kayıp bir kedi yavrusu var.

Kim şarkı söylüyor, kim dans ediyor ama miyavlamayı bilmiyor."

"There is a kitten lost in the city,

who sings, who dances, but does not know how to meow."

Ali shakes, he looks adorable. Kerem sings and Ali moves. The situation leaves me absorbed. I love it, they both look so happy. At least the child. I think it's the first time I've had the opportunity to see them interact and something tells me that it hasn't happened too many times. The moment is worth portraying and putting it in a painting in the middle of the room or in a video that can be played over and over again."

"Yeeee, booo, suuu, maaammmmsuuuu," Ali insists, with great guffaws that make me laugh too.

Kerem also lets out a laugh, but follows the song. God, how can they both be so beautiful? Are they aware of that?

"Yavru kedi annesine geri dönmek istedi,

ve şarkı söyleyip dans ederek babasını buldu."

"The kitten wanted to go back to his mom,

and singing and dancing he found his dad."

"Whoa, woof, woof..."

The little one is beautiful, he tries. He tries to follow him, and although I know that this is not going to be easy for Kerem, he is also gripped by the hypnotic consequence of his son giving him the place he needs from Mr. Deniz. Let him behave precisely like the father he is.

"Babası ona "hadi miyavlayalım" dedi.

Sonra kedicik kutlamaya başladı."

"His dad told him 'let's meow',

so the kitten began to celebrate."

"Yavru kedi ve yavru kedi anneyi buldu.

Miyavladılar, şarkı söylediler ve dans etmeye başladılar!"

"Kitten and kitten, they found the mother.

And singing and meowing they began to dance!"

"I applaud and congratulate you both for the marvelous presentation you just gave and I suggest you have dinner at once."

Kerem holds a completely genuine and honest smile on his face. It looks wonderful. They are both beautiful. Even more so when they are seen happy together, it is evident that sparks fly when they are in contact with each other.

We continue with the meal as normal until Ali finishes with his and I have to pick him up to make him sleep in my arms.

Kerem is left alone at the table with the mobile in his hands and the remains of the food. Immediately afterwards, I perceive that he stands up and walks in my direction. Ali has fallen asleep with her face cradled in the crook of my shoulder.

The father watches his son, silently. I let them appreciate each other at that moment, until I decide to interrupt, softly:

"I think you've had a bit of a hectic day."

"If they were."

"And it was beautiful what happened during dinner. Really. You're both very pretty" I announce, sighing.

Kerem steps forward.

He strokes Ali's hair and advises,

"Do you want to put him to bed in his crib?"

"It's okay. I'll come back and take care of the dishes."

"Don't worry, I know how to use the dishwasher."

"Really?"

"Yes."

I didn't say it arrogantly, I later realized that I said it genuinely. I am seriously surprised, actually.

"Excuse me".

And I headed for the stairs.

However, he stops me halfway:

"Juliet..."

"Yes, Mr. Deniz?"

"How...did you like the guest room?"

"It's very pretty, sir. Thanks."

"I wanted to know if...if you wanted..."

He stops.

I insist "If I wanted what, sir?"

"I was wondering if you'd rather, tonight...forget it."

I am inspired.

And I'm the one who blurts it out "Do you want me to go sleep somewhere else?"

"What? Nope! Not at all. In fact, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to sleep in my room tonight."

"W-what?!"

"I know it's crazy. I know. But I need you to press your hand on my chest until I fall asleep. I've been having a horrible choking feeling for a long time and when you did that on the plane... I think it may be something that helps me. If you want, then you can go to sleep in the guest room. If you want, you don't have to. What do you say, Juliet?"

Did I just hear what I think I heard?