6) Buddhists

Stiles, Hazel, and Derek were at the animal clinic trying to hold Brett down so Deaton could make the incision as Brett was poisoned by Violet.

Hazel was noticing how she wasn't as strong as she was, and she realized she was losing her strength.

"What is happening to this kid" Stiles asked. "He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible" Deaton said going to them.

"Hey Derek, Hazel how about a little werewolf strength" Stiles asked. "Yeah, we're not the only ones with werewolf strength" Derek said.

"Try not to forget that this guy is also a werewolf and had werewolf strength" Hazel said:

"If you can't hold him still the incision might kill him" Deaton said.

"Derek, Hazel he's slipping I don't think I can hold him" Stiles said. Brett opened his eyes pushing everyone back as he got up.

Brett was about to leave but Peter punched him causing him to fall down. "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself" Peter said. "Yeah, maybe more than a little" Derek said.

Peter looked at Derek and Hazel's arm causing them to look and saw that Brett scratched them and it wasn't healing.

"Hey Doc, I don't think he's breathing" Stiles said as Deaton and Stiles rushed to Brett. Deaton made the incision as Brett could finally breathe again.

"Is he okay" Stiles asked. "I think he'll probably be fine but probably be out for a while" Deaton said.

Hazel and Derek's arm finally healed, and they looked at each other before looking back at Brett.

"Guys can you hear that" Stiles asked. "I think he's saying something" Stiles said. "The sun, the moon, the truth, the sun, the moon, the truth" Brett said.

"Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth" Deaton said and looked at Derek. "It's Buddhist" Deaton said.

Derek and Hazel looked at Peter. "Satomi" Peter said.

>>>

"You think you can find his scent" Derek asked Hazel. "It's worth a try" Hazel said and grabbed the shirt sniffing it but couldn't smell anything.

Hazel looked at Derek and sighed. "I can't smell anything whatever is happening is getting worse" Hazel said. "What is happening to us" Hazel asked.

"I don't know I wish I did" Derek said. "We need to find Malia" Hazel said.

"Malia" Derek asked. "Yeah, she can help she spent the majority of her life in the woods" Hazel said.

"Okay where is she" Derek asked. "School" Hazel said.

>>>

Derek called for Malia at the school as he and Hazel were waiting for her to come out.

Once she finally came out, she saw Hazel and Derek as she walked till, she found them. "What are you doing here" Malia asked.

"Brett's still out of it Hazel and I need to find his pack and warn them about the dead pool" Derek said. "Preferably before their dead" Hazel said. "So, what do you need me for" Malia asked.

"I know a little something about this pack they have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods no one's spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than you" Derek said as he and Hazel approached Malia.

"This is Brett's" Derek said tossing her the jersey. "Breath it in" Derek said.

"I'm not good at that yet" Malia said. "Try it I'll teach you" Derek said and Malia started to try to sniff the jersey.

"Focus on the different scents some are tied to identity others give off an emotion" Derek said and Malia looked like she got a scent.

>>>

Malia, Derek, and Hazel got out of the car and started walking.

"Their alpha is a woman named Satomi she's one of the oldest werewolves alive and she's learned a lot" Derek said. "What does that mean" Malia asked.

"She's a bitten werewolf learning control wasn't easy for her she did something a long time ago that changed her the quote is a mantra it helps them with control" Derek said and Malia smelt something.

"What is it" Derek asked. "Do you smell something" Hazel asked. "Gunpowder" Malia said.

Malia walked to the smell as Derek and Hazel bent down seeing it observing it. "If Brett's pack is out here, I don't think they're meeting" Derek said. "They're hiding" Hazel said.

>>>

Derek, Malia, and Hazel got back in the car after not finding the pack. "I'm sorry" Malia said.

"Don't be it's not your fault" Hazel said. "There's nothing to be sorry about If they don't want to be found then we're not going to find them some werewolves have an ability a kind of mastery cover their bodies where they can actually inhibit their scent" Derek said.

"They can hide from other werewolves" Malia asked.

"From anyone who's trying to find them" Hazel said. "So that's why nobody knew about Brett" Malia said.

"Same with Demarco" Derek said. "Maybe we need to try something different maybe we need to think like Stiles" Malia said.

"Like a hyperactive spaz" Derek asked. "I don't think that's what she meant" Hazel said.

"Like a detective if they're really Buddhists than maybe instead of asking where werewolves hide, we should be asking" Malia said before Derek realized what she was saying and interrupted her.

"Where Buddhists hide" Derek said. Derek looked like he had an idea.

"When Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree he looked to the east for enlightenment" Derek said. "Is there some kind of eastern point to Beacon Hills" Malia asked. "Yeah, at lookout point" Hazel said.

>>>

Malia, Derek, and Hazel were walking when Malia smelt something, and Malia stopped Derek and Hazel. "Malia" Derek asked.

"You don't smell that" Malia asked. "Smell what" Hazel asked.

"Wait for me both of you right here" Derek said before going to see what the smell is, and he saw an entire pack dead.

>>>

Malia and Hazel caught up with Derek seeing what had happened. "What happened" Malia asked.

"I think they might have been poisoned" Derek said.

"That's great if assassins with guns don't get you, the ones with wolfsbane poison will or maybe one with no mouth maybe we should all be running from Beacon Hills running for our lives as fast as we can" Malia said. 

"Your probably right that's probably something we should all be thinking of doing" Hazel said.

Derek, Hazel, and Malia started to walk away. Hazel and Derek heard twigs breaking and they both looked to see where it was coming from.

Hazel saw a hand and she ran to see it was Braeden and held her seeing she was hurt. "Derek" Hazel yelled, and Derek rushed over seeing Braeden.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.