17) A credible threat

"He's headed to the school" Scott said. "Why's Parrish going to the school" Liam asked. "It's not Parrish" Hazel said.

"At least not right now" Scott added. "Okay why's a hellhound going to the school" Liam asked.

"Cause he's got a yearning for higher education" Stiles said sarcastically. "We're not sure yet all we know is he wants us to follow him" Hazel said.

"Liam hellhound's, at the school so we're going to the school okay" Stiles said and sped up.

>>>

"Where's Parrish" Scott asked as they caught up with Argent. "I lost him he's moving too fast" Argent said. "Scott" Liam said getting everyone's attention.

"Something wrong puppy" Hazel asked Liam. "That guy's not moving at all" Liam said.

They all walked further down when they saw a bus. "Look" Liam said and they saw the bus was full of bodies.

"That ought to be traumatizing for anyone who rides the bus" Hazel said. "Help me" one of the boys said when Parrish walked over in his hellhound form.

"It's a trap" he said in a deep voice. "Please" the boy said. "You can't help him" Parrish said when he saw Scott moving.

Suddenly the boy died, and they saw the beast. "That's big no one said it was that big" Stiles said.

"I did" Liam said. The beast roared and Parrish roared going after it when it ran.

"Will someone explain to me what is happening before I rip someone's arm off to take out my frustration" Hazel asked. "It's getting smarter" Argent said.

>>>

Scott took Hazel home that night and walked her to her door. "You didn't have to walk me up here we're broken up remember" Hazel said.

"I know but I wanted to, I had to make sure you were safe" Scott said. "Right" Hazel said going to go inside when Scott stopped her. "Hazel" Scott said, and Hazel faced him.

"Yeah, Scott what is it" Hazel asked. "I will always love you okay together or not I don't think I can ever stop loving you" Scott said.

Hazel smiled slightly at him before replying. "I'll always love you too" Hazel said. "Night Scott" Hazel said and went inside.

>>>

"Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency it's high powered like it has to be a really strong signal" Liam said. "And that's causing it to shift" Lydia asked.

"No, I don't think it's just that last night Argent said that it's getting smarter" Scott said. "Smarter for what" Hazel asked.

"What if the dread doctors are trying to make the beast grow faster" Scott asked. "With frequencies" Stiles said.

"No by shifting the frequency is just the trigger the important part is when it shifts into the werewolf" Scott said. "Like Peter" Lydia said.

"My uncle" Hazel added. "Right yeah when Peter was an alpha, he got stronger every full moon eventually the burns healed, and he was back to normal" Scott said.

"So the dread doctors don't want to wait for the full moon" Liam said.

"They want the beast to be as strong as possible as fast as possible" Scott said. "Because of Parrish" Liam said.

"Cause Parrish can stop him" Hazel said. "So, if this is happening tonight what are we going to do" Lydia asked.

"Uh we've got one clue to go on" Stiles said and pulled it out setting it on the table.

"This came from the hospital" Stiles told them. "Whatever's lurking inside the beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make" Stiles said.

"Indeterminate" Lydia asked. "What's that" Hazel asked. "Means it's a partial print basically it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood, and carnage" Stiles said.

"How many size 10s are out there" Scott asked. "Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole" Stiles said.

"So are we going to try and get the game canceled" Liam asked.

"No, no we're going to play but we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood-soaked massacre" Stiles said.

"And knowing our luck that will happen not that I'm complaining I get to kill something or fight whichever is fine as long as I get to tear something to shreds" Hazel said.

"Okay but um aren't we kind of missing out on a chance to catch this thing" Liam asked. "We don't have the who, but we have the where, and the when" Liam said.

"There's too many people" Scott said. "And we still don't actually know if it's going to happen it might just end up being a regular lacrosse game it's possible right" Lydia said.

"Yeah, could be I guess" Hazel said. "That's absolutely possible" Stiles said.

"So, we're still getting the game canceled" Liam asked. "We're getting the game canceled" Scott said and they left.

>>>

Hazel skipped the game that night and instead went home waiting to hear news from Stiles.

"You didn't go to the game" Deaton asked going to Hazel. "I wasn't up to it" Hazel said and Deaton nodded.

"I heard Derek stopped by to see you" Deaton said. "Yeah, he did but only for a little while" Hazel said. "Still, he stopped by, and he filled me in about Scott" Deaton said.

"Are you okay" Deaton asked. "I will be it's nothing I can't handle" Hazel said and Deaton smiled.

"Just know if you need me, I'm here" Deaton said and Hazel smiled. "Thanks dad" Hazel said and Deaton nodded.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.