Well I am his son

A month had passed since The Cell games and things seemed to settle on Earth...

Midori-ko was carrying a laundry basket up stairs as Gohan was putting away the grocery's she asked him to pick up for her.
Midori-ko exhales setting down the basket of laundry on the master bed.
Keeping busy helped Midori-ko keep her mind off Goku.
Midori-ko had to keep it together for Gohan and Midori-ko had begun to feel more tired lately and her breasts were tender, she was avoiding the thought of even having a baby as a widow.
Being a widow was going to be her life now unless by some miracle Goku returned to her.
Midori-ko wasn't holding her breath.

Opening the closet door and pushing back some of the hanging clothes Midori-ko caught a glimpse of orange.
Behind one of Goku's black shirts was his old turtle school gi.
The one he always wore before he'd died and trained with King Kai.

Midori-ko reached out and clutched the gi. Tears flooding her eyes smelling Goku's gi, it smelled just like him.
Midori-ko fell to her knees crying into Goku's gi.
She wanted him back.
She was lost.
Goku was her other half.
Her one and only.

The last conversation they had they had fought

Midori-ko had punched him.
She was so mad at Goku but at the same time she wanted her joyful monkey boy back.
But he was gone for good this time.

" Mom?"

Gohan's voice made her look up.

" What's up Gohan?" Midori-ko wipes her eyes

" Are you okay?" Gohan walks into the master bedroom

" I'm okay." Midori-ko lied but Gohan's eyes bee lined to Midori-ko holding Goku's old gi.

Gohan's face screwed up before tears rolled down his face.

" I'm so sorry Mom." Gohan sobs "If I'd just killed Cell when dad told me to he'd still be here." Gohan covers his face

" Come here sweetie." Midori-ko started crying again seeing Gohan crying.
Gohan cried going to his mother's side, Midori-ko held her first born and they cried together

" I miss him so much mom." Gohan whimpers clinging to his mother

" I know I miss him too." Midori-ko kisses the top of Gohan's head "But your father wouldn't want us to cry would he?"

" No I suppose not." Gohan wipes his eyes

" Buby why don't you go visit Piccolo and Dende." Midori-ko smiles at Gohan.

" I don't know." Gohan fidgets

" It's ok Gohan I forgot to have you get something from the store for me." Midori-ko tells Gohan "So I'll be keeping busy."

" I'll go get it for you." Gohan jumps up

" It's ok sweetie it's girl related stuff." Midori-ko ruffles his hair