Chapter 3

"Daddy!" The little girl ran across the kitchen.

"My angel." Jimin crouched down and opened his arms for her to run into. "How are you?"

Tae stepped silently behind her. Stopping once he was directly in front of them.

"Uncle Taetae explained mommy won't be coming back." She said sadly then a smile took over her face. "But"

Tae rolled his eyes. "I didn't tell her this part she insist this is how it works."

My eyes look up to meet Taehyung's gaze. I can't imagine what this could possible mean. "But what." I kissed the top of her head."

"You can find me a new mommy." She said excitedly.

"Angel." I sighed. "That isn't how it works." I scooped her up into my arms. "Nobody will ever replace your mommy."

"Oh." She pouted and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"It's bed time okay?"

"Okay." She said sadly with a yawn.

"Night." Tae said to her. Then nodded to me before heading out.

He walked up the stairs to Ava's room and placed her in her bed. "I bet my new mommy will be so pretty." She smiled up at me.

"Ava, there is no new mommy." He ran his hands through her hair and placed her favorite stuffed animal in her arms.

"But daddy." She yawned. "Who will teach me-"

"I'll teach you everything Ava." Jimin wanted to cry. He wished Ami was here to help him figure out how to navigate this new life. But she wasn't. He sighed and flipped off Ava's life.

"I love you daddy." She mumbled sleepily.

"I love you too my angel, get some rest." He said closing the door. His room was a few rooms over. He had been avoiding it since she died. Scared her smell would vanish, scared that something she left behind would bring him back to that day... he was scared to lose the last few traces of her being alive. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and walked towards the spare room he had been staying in since.

He got showered and changed and flopped onto his bed. He was caught up with work which stressed him out even more. When he was alone with his thoughts, he thought about his love. "God damn it." Jimin screamed pushing everything off of the small desk in his room. "Why?" He screamed pulling at his hair. "Why did she have to die?"

He wiped his tears away and became angry again. He slammed open the door to the room and ran down his spiral staircase straight to his "man cave" in the basement. The room was dark and looked similar to a bar. He stepped over to his bar and grabbed the whiskey off of the top shelf. He pulled the metal spout off and tossed it on the counter. Tipping his head back he chugged the bottle.

"Mr

"Mr. Park?"

Jimin groaned as he opened his eyes, his head throbbing. He blinked a few times to only realize he was asleep in his wife's closet.

"Mr. Park?" The voice said again.

Jimin's eyes finally steadied and he looked around to spot Ava's nanny. "Sasha." He said while clearing his throat.

"We couldn't find you." She said bending over and taking a piece of clothing off of Jimin. "How did you end up here? Of all places?" She looked at all the expensive clothes and shoes, handbags and jewelry displays.

"I got drunk." He sighed.

"Ava was late to school she was worried when we couldn't find you."

Jimin sighed. "Probably better she didn't find me."

Sasha sat down next to Jimin and ran her hands through his hair. She became a close friend the past 3 years, Ami loved her. Jimin did as well. "Ami wouldn't want this for you Jiminah."

Jimin let the tears begin to flow. "I don't know how to live without her noona."

"Step by step. Day by day." She smiled. "I miss her too."

Jimin looked up at the beautiful chandelier. The one Ami begged for. "It feels like this house is her."

"The house is not Ami." Sasha laughed. "You're grieving Jiminah."

"Everywhere I look it reminds me of her. The wall colors. The furniture. The art work." He wiped his eyes. "She's gone yet I still feel like she's here."

"Then redecorate. Make it yours and Ava's."

"I'll lose her if I do that."

"Then youre going to have to learn to live with everything." She said as she ran her hands over the clothes.

"I have things to do today do you mind being the one to pick up Ava from school?"

"Its your day off."

"I have personal business to attend to." Jimin clicked his tongue. "Prepare the room I've been staying in for a guest. They'll be here awhile."

"Yes, of course Mr.Park."