Reader x Goku Dragon Balls Work pt 4

As you enjoy the peacefulness of the lake, knee-deep in the water, Goten asks if you want to join them in training. You raise an eyebrow, playfully remarking that there are probably fish in the lake stronger than you. Goten giggles and pleads with you, but you decline, explaining that you can't just fight them on a whim.

You all share a lighthearted moment, giggling together before you find yourself looking up at Goku. Your cheeks flush slightly at his close proximity, and you quickly turn your head away, trying to hide your reaction.

Goku smiles warmly at Goten, engaging him in conversation. "Think you can catch a big enough fish by yourself?" he asks, offering his son a challenge. Goten nods determinedly, excited by the prospect, and rushes further into the lake. You can't help but express your concern, reminding him to be careful.

As Goten ventures deeper into the water, Goku's voice breaks the silence. "Y/N..." he starts softly, his tone filled with a mix of curiosity and concern. You turn your attention back to him, waiting to hear what he has to say, unsure of what to expect.

"I apologize for last night," Goku says sincerely, aware that you witnessed him and ChiChi together.

You avert your gaze. "So, you sensed my presence after all. There's no need to apologize. Technically, I shouldn't even exist in your world, and if you and ChiChi are working things out, then-"

"I had no idea she would push me and then kiss me... I truly didn't expect that from her," Goku explains, his eyes drifting towards the sky. "The last time we spoke, she practically expressed her hatred towards me. And then last night... I was caught off guard when I sensed your energy at the door. If I had known ChiChi was going to kiss me, I would have stopped her."

You listen, feeling a surge of anger towards ChiChi's actions. "Well, if you need me to confront her on your behalf, I'm willing to do it." Your words carry a hint of seriousness, willing to defend Goku if necessary.

Goku smiles at you, shaking his head. "It's alright. Although, I'm glad to see your fighting spirit."

You chuckle, playfully flexing your unimpressive muscles. "I may not look like much, but when push comes to shove, I'll be there to throw down."

Goku's laughter fills the air, causing your smile to widen. As you lean back on your hands, you accidentally rest your left hand on Goku's right. Surprisingly, instead of pulling away, he gently holds your hand, causing your cheeks to flush. Without hesitation, you intertwine your fingers with his, relishing in the warmth and affectionate touch.

Both of you continue to hold hands, enjoying the moment, when suddenly, Goten effortlessly kicks a massive blue fish out of the water.

"Whoa...!" you exclaim, caught off guard by the unexpected size of the fish.

"Great job, Goten!" Goku praises, a proud smile on his face.

"Dad!" A new voice calls out, and you all turn to see Gohan landing nearby.

"Hey, Gohan!" Goku greets, both of you standing up as Goten flies over to embrace his older brother.

You take a step back, observing Goku with his sons, their smiles radiating warmth. Gohan's gaze shifts towards you, his expression filled with curiosity.

Right, you and Gohan hadn't officially met yet, considering he was usually at school. Not that he knew you were aware of that fact, but it probably didn't help with whatever ChiChi was up to.

"Oh, this is Y/N!" Goku introduces happily, causing Goten to chime in, "She's dad's new girlfriend!"

Your face instantly turns beet red, mirroring Goku's blushing cheeks.