Android 17 x Healer Reader 🌲 Rangers In Arms 🌲 pt 5

The passing weeks transformed the island from radiant sunny days to chilly, overcast weather as the seasons shifted. The creatures needing refuge from the oncoming cold were safely housed in specially designed sheds scattered around the area, secured with added measures to thwart any poaching threats.

With a decade of experience on the island, you were well acquainted with the unpredictability of early snowstorms, signaling the onset of soup season—warm, comforting meals like chili, chicken soups, and assorted vegetables to battle the cold. This time, you extended the culinary adventure to include the Jrs, seizing the opportunity to teach them the art of making soul-warming chili in the compound's kitchen.

Leaning casually against the kitchen's doorframe, 17 observed the trio, contemplating whether to jest about your maternal air with the Jrs. Yet, his thoughts strayed to darker territories, primarily centered around Blanke and the new boss, Capri. His mind swirled with ideas to expose Blanke's improper advances towards you, but he restrained himself, considering your feelings in the matter.

His reverie was interrupted when you glanced back at him with a bashful smile and flushed cheeks, coaxing a faint smirk from the android. However, the atmosphere shifted when Capri entered the compound with an ostentatious sigh. The other rangers quickly acknowledged her presence, given her status as the second-in-command, but Capri seemed intent on engaging with 17.

Your smile waned as you watched their exchange, realizing why 17's demeanor changed whenever Blanke neared you. The unease surged within you as you witnessed Capri openly flirting with 17. However, 17 handled the situation with a grace you couldn't fathom, skillfully maneuvering away when Capri attempted to touch him, setting clear boundaries. "Listen, I'm not one for personal space invaders. New boss or not, maintaining a respectable distance of six feet or more is necessary," he firmly stated, his gaze unwavering, as Capri chuckled nervously, stepping back.

You diverted your attention away, suppressing a snicker, and immersed yourself in crafting the chili alongside the Jrs, who openly chuckled at Capri's expense.

Capri cast a mixed frown of disdain and unease toward the trio, though the inviting aroma of the chili managed to distract her. Fortunately, she chose to leave the kitchen without escalating the situation, allowing the preparation to proceed smoothly. Moments later, the delicious chili was served to everyone, eliciting a proud smile from you at the Jrs' contribution, evident in the delightful taste. Both Jrs bashfully beamed up at you, proud of their achievement.

Later, while ensuring the animals' security and settling comfortably in 17's temporary dwelling, you meticulously checked off each area on the map that the Jrs were monitoring. Concerned about their exposure to the cold, you reminded yourself of their surprising resilience.

Meanwhile, out of your view, 17 pondered something intently, concealing his nerves as he casually tended to the fireplace. He recognized that if he were to take a leap, now would be the time.

As 17 approached you, the freshly placed log crackled in the fireplace, lending an aesthetic ambiance to the moment. You teasingly remarked about the comfort of his home compared to yours, yet your cheeks flushed when 17 leaned in, effectively trapping you by placing his hands on the arms of the chair you occupied. His intense blue eyes fixed on you, stirring a hint of nervousness within you. "1-17?" you questioned, surprised when his warm lips gently met yours.

Rather than reacting negatively or pushing him away, you found yourself warming up to the kiss, gradually melting into it with closed eyes. 17 savored the moment, smirking slightly in pride as he teased you when attempting to draw back from the kiss. He parted slowly, cupping your cheek, and playfully remarked, "Nice to know you've felt the same, Skitty."

However, your response surprised 17 as you grasped the front of his shirt, pulling him back toward you, initiating another deep kiss. He gladly reciprocated, reveling in the fervor of the moment.

Enveloped in the tender moment, the kiss between you and 17 was interrupted by the creak of the door and a rush of cold air. Both Jrs, bundled in the thick scarves you had given them, stood wide-eyed, taking in the unexpected scene of you and 17 in an embrace. Embarrassment flushed your cheeks, and with a squeak of chagrin, you tried to compose yourself while 17 briskly directed the Jrs to close the door. He swiftly straightened up, avoiding eye contact, and swiftly departed from the living room, retreating to the kitchen.

As the Jrs closed the door, they flashed wide grins and darted towards you, settling comfortably on your lap. You chuckled sheepishly, feeling utterly flustered by their playful teasing stares.

Following that initial surprising kiss with 17, the subsequent days seemed to revolve around similar moments. 17 took pleasure in catching you off guard with spontaneous makeout sessions, ensuring they remained discreet, shielded from prying eyes or surveillance cameras. Each time, you'd be left crimson-faced, attempting to sputter out feeble insults or tell him off, especially when the security cameras loomed nearby.

Under the guise of focusing on your duties, 17 chuckled and eventually conceded on the impromptu sessions, ensuring both of you remained dedicated to your responsibilities. Despite your attempts to resist, quick glances would often escape your resolve, stealing glances toward 17 whenever he purposely kept his attention elsewhere for the sake of the job. You scolded yourself internally for pouting or feeling miffed when he didn't give you undivided attention, but 17 found amusement in your attempts to snuggle up against him during your night patrols. The Jrs capably handled the remaining tasks, significantly easing your workload during these harsh weather conditions marked by a mix of snow and sleet.

Unbeknownst to any of you, Blanke and Capri weren't innocently flirting. Their persistent advances toward you and 17, despite their supposed marriage, were part of a deceptive ploy—a scheme cleverly concealed from your awareness.

However, the snowfall on a particular day turned ominous, heavier and icier, causing a separation between you and 17 as the ranger teams were divided. You found yourself placed within a group that wasn't what it seemed. These individuals you had worked alongside for years turned out to be anything but real rangers; they were specific poachers, and you were their target.