3🗡️

It's 2:30 pm and I have one more hour left of my shift. I'm almost done stocking the shelves and then I should be good to go. Yesterday, Lyric and I made pizza and lemonade from scratch. Of course she made the lemonade, I had no idea what I was doing. We sat and watched a couple of movies and she eventually went home.

I think Lyric has a crush on me...she hasn't said anything yet. I noticed it a while back when I first started to working here. It was about a month into my job that we started to communicate and hang out during breaks. She invited me out to this arcade themed bar downtown and said it'd be here a couple of her friends. Her friends never came, so it was just me...I don't even think she invited them to be honest.

~~~~~

"Hey, you made it!" She said, giving me a small hug.

"Yeah. I told you I'd come. What ya got going on?"

"Oh, uh...it's just us today. My girls were...busy," She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay. Did you order anything?"

"Not yet. I was waiting for you. Come on. I was a cheeseburger and a Bloody Mary. I haven't eaten all day today,"

She grabbed my wrist and led me to the bar and we sat on the barstools.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I'll get the same thing you have,"

"Okay cool,"

It was my first time out with a co-worker before so I was nervous. First off, she was beautiful, so I didn't wanna embarrass myself. Two, I'm really a homebody, so I don't really go out like that unless needed. Three, it's kind of like a date.

"Hey, I'm Jada. What can I get for you guys today?"

"We gone have the same thing. We'll have two Bloody Mary's and a cheeseburger with some fries, but put cheese on mine, please?"

"You got it? Anything else?"

"Anything else, Cory?" She asked.

"Nah, I'm good, thank you,"

"Alright. Be about 10 minutes for the food. I'll be back shortly with your drinks, okay?"

"Okay, thank you,"

"I have never been in here before," I said, looking around the building. There were table games, arcade games, big screen televisions, a big connect four game, and a pool game in the back. There was even a picture booth.

"So...what you do outside of work?" She asks.

"I play video games. I'm a gamer on YouTube,"

"Really? I love watching gameplays! What's your channel?" She pulled out her phone and went straight to YouTube.

"It's SamuraiKen. I have 5k,"

"Okay...is this you?" She gave me her phone and pointed to the channel.

"Yeah, that's me,"

"Okay. I will make sure to watch your content. Watching gameplays helps me with my stress! And it encourages me to go and get the game,"

"Yeah same for me. Plus, it's fun entertaining my audience. I've been doing it for a couple of years now and people seem to take a liking towards me,"

"Oh okay! I'll watch you when I get home,"

"Thank you for your support. What do you do outside of work?"