11🗡️

(Des in the picture)

A few days have passed by and my YouTube has done well. We went from 10k to 35k subs in a week! I'm thinking about leaving Krogers and doing YouTube now since I have a big enough audience and pulling in more money. Me and Jay have been meeting up for more video ideas and we even went on a date. Jay has such a seductive side to her that I've never really encountered before. The way she looks at me, the way she talks to me, her whole persona, her energy—it's exactly what I love about her.

I know what you guys are thinking. What about Lyric? Well...I told her I'll think about it. Which I am really thinking about it. Lyric and I have hung out so many times that I did eventually grow some feelings for her, but they aren't strong. Her birthday is tomorrow and so is her party. It's not really a party though, it's more of a vacation. I haven't spoken to Lyric every since she told me her feelings and we've been avoiding each other at work. I'm not even sure if she wants to me at her cabin anymore.

But what was Des doing at her dads house that night?

I'm headed up to the game venue now. It's not many people today and that's fine. I'm just there to chill and clear my mind.

"Wassup, Cory,"

"Hey guys," I said, slouching on the couch.

"You good?" Mark asked.

"Yeah,"

"This nigga is lying," Jasper said.

"Jasper!"

"Nah, nigga, what's up? We're here if you need anything?" Mark said, sitting down next to me.

"Ugh! Well...ya know Lyric? The girl I brung here the other week?"

"Yeah,"

"She told me she liked me and expressed her feelings..."

"But you don't feel the same way, huh?" Said Mark.

"Not really. I mean I did, but my eyes are on someone else. She told me too late,"

"Did you know she had feelings for you?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah. It was so obvious, she just never said anything to me,"

"And you like someone else now?"

"Yes I do,"

"Mmm....I don't know," Mark said, shrugging bus shoulders.

"What?"

"I mean, you knew Lyric had feelings for you before you had your eyes on another girl and now you're into another girl? I know she should have said something, but at the same time, that kind of sounds..."

"Inconsiderate," Jasper added.

"Wait! How?"

"Because you knew she liked you and you liked her at some point and now that this new girl came in the picture, now all of a sudden you don't like Lyric anymore. And when she finally had the courage to say something, you put her on hold knowing you don't wanna be with her," Jasper said.

"But she didn't say anything!"

"You have to look at it through a girls point of view,"

"I tried that! But what about me?"

"Cory, you knew already. And if you get with this new girl, how you think she gone feel?"

"I didn't even want it to get this far,"

"You continued to go out places with her and hang around her. Ya have work together so I know ya always around each and you said you guys are close friends,"

"We are and that's what I wanna be. I just...I just don't see her that way and I don't know what to do. She's just...clingy and jealous,"

"Of course she will be after seeing you with a new girl. Who is this girl anyway?" Mark asked.

"...Tahjay,"

"Jay?!" Mark and Jasper shouted.

"Yes, Jay. Plus I think she likes Des now,"

"Why you say that?" Mark asked.

"He was over her dads house a few days ago when me, her brother and her dad went to a wrestling show. But I'm not sure if they did anything,"

"Did you ask?"

"He said they were just chilling and watching tv,"

"Well you don't know that unless you ask. Plus...Des has been talking about how was feeling this girl he was talking about. Not sure if it was Lyric or not but...might wanna ask," Jasper said.

"And just talk to Lyric about your feelings. Just be honest like she was honest to you,"

"I'll tell her after her plans for her birthday. We're gonna be in a cabin all weekend. I'll just tell her afterwards,"

"Okay. I know that's gonna be hella awkward but just let us know," Mark said.

"I will,"

"Sup, y'all,"

"Hey Des" Jasper greeted.

"What's going on?" He said, grabbing a controller.

"None for real. Just chillin'" I said.

"Okay cool. Lyric told me about her plans tomorrow. You still going right?"

"Yeah I am. I was helping her plan it, but I don't know about that anymore,"

"Aw okay,"

"What was you doing at her house?"

"We was literally just watching tv and chilling making cookies," he said, getting defensive.

"I was just asking that's all,"

"Ya wanna hit this game up?" Mark said.

"Yeah,"

My phone started vibrating and I looked at the screen to see Jay was calling. I stepped away in the back and answered her call.

"Hey,"

"Hey, what you doing?" She asked.

"I'm here with Mark and them at the venue, wassup?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to come over tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow? Uh, I'm actually going to be with Lyric and her family tomorrow for her birthday. We planned this in advance already. I'm sorry,"

"No, it's fine. You can just see me when you're done with her,"

Done with her?

"Yeah I will. I'll let you know,"

"Okay. Call me later okay?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay. Talk to you later, boo. Bye,"

"Bye,"

What does she mean by that? Was that shade?