13🗡️

It's now the next morning and the sun is beaming on my face. It's around 8am right now. Lyric, Dean, June, Keenan and I had our own room. Three rooms upstairs, two rooms downstairs, and one in the basement. There was also an extra room downstairs and Des slept in one. There was a bathroom upstairs, downstairs, and in the basement. So pretty much everyone had a room.

Upstairs: Dean, Lyric, Cory
Downstairs: June and Keenan
Basement: Des

I turned over to my phone and just scrolled in the internet for a minute. I clicked on Jay's story and saw she was out with her friends for the night. She looked good as always. I hearted her stories and kept it moving. I seen the stories and post of me and Lyric and her family from yesterday and liked them all. I turned back around and went back to sleep.

I woke up again and it was around 10:30am. I smelled food cooking from downstairs and decided to see what they were making.

I headed downstairs and seen Dean, Lyric and Des cooking breakfast. They were making pancakes, waffles, sausages, eggs, grits, and toast. It looked to me that they were almost done.

"Good morning Cory," Keenan said.

"Good morning,"

"My dads still sleeping. He was up all night watching sports,"

"Well let's let him have his beauty sleep,"

"Good morning. Glad you're down here. Come on and clean off the table for us," Lyric demanded.

"Okay,"

I began to throw the trash away and wipe the table down. I seen the way they were laughing at each other. Des probably likes Lyric. I don't put it past him.

"What ya gone do today?" Dean asked.

"Let's take a hike. All of us," Lyric said.

"As long as it's not in the woods, I'm good," Des said.

"No, it won't be out in the woods. We're gonna take the trail down the street and see the nice view of the city from the top of the hill. Keenan did you take your medicine?"

"Yes, Dean watched me take it,"

"Okay. Once we all get through eating we can get ready and go,"

"Hey everybody," June greeted.

"Hey, dad. How was your sleep?" Lyric asked.

"It was good. These beds are comfortable. I wanna take one home. It smells good in here,"

"Yes because we've been cooking," Dean said.

"So we going hiking today. Good thing I brought my walking shoes,"

"Same for me,"

As we were all eating, Lyric acted as if nothing happened sat night. All her attention was on Des. Even Keenan was somewhat getting attached to him. I didn't really say much at the table. I was just eating my food and watching the tv that was in the kitchen. They were talking about games, ideas, nature, food, just regular stuff people talk about in conversations.

I shouldn't even feel this way. I mean after all, I'm interested in Jay. So why am I feeling some type of way that Des is here? I need to get out of here. I texted Jay and asked what she was up too. She replied back quick and said she was at her crib. I asked to stop by and of course she said yeah.

"Oh, shoot! Guys, I gotta go," I said.

"What's wrong?" Lyric asked.

"My mom is down at the hospital. Something happened with her thigh and it's not looking too good for her,"