10🗡️

(June in the picture)

As we were driving to the show, there was a bit of traffic, but luckily we weren't too far from the arena. I looked back at Keenan and he was back there playing on his switch I let him have.

"Traffic is so inconvenient I tell you," June said.

"Yes it is. Glad we got here earlier or we would have been way back there,"

"Mhm. So..."

"Yes sir?"

"You and Lyric seem to be really close,"

"Yeah, that's my girl right there,"

"You gone help with the planning for her party?"

"Yes I am. She told me about it a week ago,"

"Okay. So...you seeing anybody right now?"

"No sir. Any particular reason why you ask?"

"Nope," he said, smirking.

"Okay, uhm...what about yourself?"

"Oh you know I get the ladies, but my son is my focus right now,"

"Understandable,"

"I appreciate you doing all this nice things for my son. He deserves it,"

"No problem. I enjoy doing things like this,"

"Yeah, it's been a rough few years. He hasn't really had any friends, wasn't really getting out the house, don't have a social life for real...but when you came along, he's never been happier. I'm so glad you're around,"

"Me too. The kids I went to school with never wanted to be around so I had no choice but to get used it. But lately I've felt better about myself," Keenan said.

"I'm glad I can make you happy," I said, smiling.

"I am too...it was really lonely before you came,"

"No one deserves to be alone,"

"Well for someone who has no type of social life, things can get real lonely and depressing. But on the bright side, I have a loving family and that's all that I need,"

For someone so young but so mature for his age...to say what he just said really makes you think. Sometimes family is all you have and it's all you need. Being social is so interactive and it's okay to have a few friends...but with no social life you have no one to depend on but you or your family.

Sometimes people can be so cruel and absurd. Judge you for the simple things, blast it on the internet, make you feel so small when you're bigger than what you are. People aren't kind not one bit. But I'm glad Keenan's didn't allow that to make him do evil things.

~~~~~
A couple of hours had past and Lyric and Des decided to make some cookies. They had just put the cookies in the oven and waited for them to be done. In the meantime, they would sit and watch tv and chit chat.

"I'm still waiting on season five of Stranger Things right now. I need to get the ending!" Lyric said.

"I just started watching it a few months ago. This will be the last season too,"

"Yes I know and I'm prepared for it," she said smiling.

"You have a beautiful smile,"

"Thank you! I get that a lot,"

"I'd hope so. It's true..."

"Thanks a lot,"

"So..."

"So...."

"Are you...well-do you...do you like Cory?"

"What made you ask that?"