Stuck

Keira's POV:

On our way to the pitch,  Beth came over to me and told me that Charlie was beginning to tell her something, but she wasn't able to finish what she was saying because they got interrupted by Tooney looking for them.  I turned to Beth and said "was she upset about something ?",  "yeah she had a few tears, but immediately wiped them away when Tooney came in", Beth replied quietly.  "Thanks for telling me Beth, I'll keep a close eye on her", I reply as we both look over at Charlie who seems to have perked up and was swinging arms with Leah ahead of us.   Me and Beth continue walking behind them, neither of us really speaking.  I think to myself  'my daughter is upset and doesn't seem to feel comfortable about telling me or Luce about it', although Charlie isn't biologically my daughter, I think of her as mine.  I met Charlie when she was 6 years old and was running around the Man City training ground like a lunatic with Jill chasing her.   I was first introduced to her at a team bonding at a bowling alley, where I was on a team with Lucy and so therefore got to known the cheeky 6 year old Charlie beside her.   I've watched Charlie grow up even when Lucy went to Lyon,  they'd both come back as often as they could to see me or I'd go over to see them.   We've always had a good relationship especially with us both loving City, so to think now all these years later she's to nervous to tell me anything upsets me a little, but I don't show it.   

As we reach the pitch the other group is leaving,  Lucy spots me immediately and comes bounding over to me to give me a quick kiss.  She instantly knows somethings wrong, like always, whenever somethings bothering me, Lucy always knows.  "Has something happened ?",  she asks me checking me over,  "is it the girls ?", she's asks me looking around to spot Charlie and Ellie.  I just wrap my arms around her and pull her in for a hug,  "I'm good, the girls are good, and you look good", I reply smirking up at her.  Lucy just grins at me and then whispers into my ear "not as good as you", before pulling away and running to catch up with the rest of her group, but not without stopping at Ellen who was walking with Ellie and saying hi to Ellie before skipping off again.   "Come on Kei, stop with the staring, you can see her later",  G shouts at me grinning.  I grin back at her and begin to chase her.

During training I glance over to the sidelines where I can see Charlie and Ellie playing together with a football.  Charlie gently kicking it over to Ellie who grabs the ball with her hands and runs away with it but Charlie swiftly picks her up and she drops the ball.  This cycle continues over and over and I almost forget that I'm supposed to be training until Le comes over to me and steers me back to training. 

After about 15 minutes Sarina calls me over to her and tells me that Charlie was looking for me.  I jog over to her and Ellie who are both sitting in the grass looking over at the group presumably looking for me.  "Hey, you two" i say and they both turn to look at me.  "Mama", Ellie squeals and gets up and runs over to me.  She wraps her arms round my legs and sits on my feet.  Charlie comes over to me and tells me "Me and Ellie are tired, can we go find Mum ?".  "Yeah I suppose you guys could go to the gym, as long as you stick together and no wandering off" I tell her sternly, knowing she likes to go exploring around the place.  "We won't, will we Ellie ?", Charlie grins back,  Ellie just looks up at her sister from her seat on my feet and grins back.  I detach Ellie from my legs and she holds onto my hand,  "Mama come too !!", she exclaims,  "no baby, mama can't come, mama has to train", I explain to her,  she frowns at that.  "We'll go find mum, Ellie", Charlie tells her taking her other hand and gently pulling her to the main building.  "We find mumma", Ellie giggles up at Charlie.  "Don't let go of her Charlie", I say one more time before they're off and I return to training. 

Charlie's POV:

Me and Ellie walk into the building holding hands as Ellie slowly walks beside me,  "come on Ellie, hurry up we need to find the gym,  will I carry you ?", I tell her,  "noooo mumma carry me", she whines back,  "well we need to hurry up and find mum, so she can carry you", I explain.  That seems to hurry her up a bit and finally we reach the lifts.  Ellie wants to press the button so I help her press it, and she grins up at me.  When we get in the lift I press the floor for the gym and Ellie sits at my feet. All of a sudden the lift stops. I press the button for the right floor but it doesn't move, then I press the button to open the door but that doesn't do anything either. I start to worry but I have to be brave for Ellie's sake. Speaking of, she looks up at me from her spot on the floor and taps my leg, "we see mumma ?", she questions, "yeah, soon Ellie" I reply. We stay there for another 5 mins before she taps my leg again "hungry", she states, I then realise I might have to explain a little bit of our situation to her. I sit down on the floor beside her and pull her into my lap. "Ellie ?", I look at her as she just looks back at me waiting for me to continue. "We have to play a special game, the rules of the game are you have to stay in lift until someone finds you, just like hide and seek, ok ?", she just nods her head slowly, "mumma play ?", she asks me, "yeah mum is gonna find us", I tell her, which seems to satisfy her for now.

We sit in the lift for what feels like hours and hours, but it's probably only been 30 minutes, but with a hungry, bored, and whiny toddler it feels longer. Ellie has started crying mumbling that mum has stopped playing because we had too good of a hiding spot. I just cuddle her and tell her mum is still looking. I wonder to myself if anyone is looking for us, probably not because Keira thinks we've gone to mum and mum thinks were with Keira, I suppose we'll just have to continue waiting.