Wriggly

Hope you enjoy ☺️

Keira's POV:

Walking around Wembley, knowing that tomorrow we will be walking out into a Euro's final against Germany. I walked around with Ellie in my arms, waving her hands around at all the empty seats. I watched as she looked around the pitch in awe at the stadium, and it reminded me how special this moment was. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and turned to see Lucy had fallen into step with me. "Tomorrow's surprise has been sorted", Lucy muttered to me quietly, both of us knowing if anyone heard they'd immediately want to know, and we needed to keep it a surprise until tomorrow morning at least. I smiled widely and lifted Ellie in my arms, causing her to giggle as I shook her gently.

Lucy and I joined the rest of the group near the tunnel entrance. Leah stood beside me as we chatted amongst the rest of the group and I looked to see her gazing adoringly at Ellie. "Wanna take her ?", I asked Leah, holding Ellie who had started wriggling and kicking her legs. Leah smiled brightly and reached out to settle Ellie on her hip. Ellie continued to wriggle, until Leah let her down, and Ellie broke off, running with her tiny little legs all over the pitch. Me and Leah laughed as Charlie began to chase her, pretending to catch her. Everyone stopped talking to watch the two girls, run carefree around the pitch. I shuffled over next to Lucy and stood in front of her. Lucy then wrapped her arms around my waist. I leaned back and wrapped my arms over hers as we both watched our daughters playing. It was a moment I wouldn't forget, our daughters playing in Wembley, the day before me and Lucy played in a Euro's final. 

It was soon time to leave Wembley and head back to the hotel for our final training session of the tournament.  Lucy raced over and picked Ellie up and tickled her as she squealed and giggled.  Charlie came bounding over to me and leaped at me.  I held her up and carried her towards the bus.  "What did ya get Ellie for her birthday ?", Charlie asked me, as I let her down so she could climb up onto the bus.  I followed her down the aisle until she chose a seat and I sat down beside her, as she patted the seat next to her, indicating for me to sit down.  "You'll have to wait and see", I replied grinning, knowing Charlie wouldn't be best pleased at that answer.  "Kei, please tell me !!", Charlie whined, producing the puppy eyes.  I shook my head laughing, which only annoyed Charlie further and she stopped the puppy eyes and turned away sulking. 

Lucy came down the aisle holding a giggly wriggly toddler in her arms.  "What's wrong Charlie ?", Lucy asked immediately at Charlie's sulky face.  "She's annoyed that I won't tell her what we got Ellie for her birthday", I explained, as I made some silly faces up at Ellie who laughed and continued to wriggle in Lucys arms, definitely making it harder for Lucy to hold her up.   "Ah ok", Lucy replied, with a slight smile on her face.  Lucy then turned to me, both of us knowing if we left Charlie to it, she'd soon get out of her sulk and be back to her normal bouncy self.  "You'll never guess what this little monkey said to me", Lucy said as she sat down in the row across from us.  I shook my head and asked "what ?".  "Well I asked her who's cuddles are better me or you and she replied, Ellie tell mama who gives better cuddles is it mumma or mama ?", Lucy explained before turning and asking Ellie the question again.  Ellie giggled, seeming to know that Lucy wasn't a big fan of her answer, and Ellie replied "mama !!", kicking her legs and clapping her hands.  I cheered at the answer which Lucy didn't appreciate at all and glared over at me.  "I tried to explain to her that mama probably gives the best snuggles, but I definitely give the better cuddles, but she just kept squealing your name".  I laughed at Lucy's attempt to get Ellie to agree with her, and Ellie watched on in amusement, she seemed very proud of her answer. 

When the bus arrived back at the hotel, Charlie was back to her usual goofy character and was turned in her seat, joking around with Meado and Mary behind us.   I looked over to see Ellie starting to get fussy, with Lucy trying to keep her calm.  "Have you got her dummy ?", Lucy asked me.  I shook my head and replied "I don't, I thought we'd be back before she'd need a nap".  Lucy nodded and continued to try and calm Ellie down, before she went full throttle crying.  As soon as the bus opened the doors, Lucy was among one of the firsts off the bus and into the hotel, most of the girls headed towards the changing rooms to get ready for training while Lucy, Charlie and I headed towards our room.  I opened the door to find Lucy walking around the room with Ellie in her arms and sucking on the dummy.  Charlie quietly followed me into the room and grabbed her iPad.  Lucy took off Ellie's shoes and we headed back downstairs to the changing rooms.  On the way I grabbed the stroller and once we reached the changing room door, Lucy bent down and placed a sleeping Ellie into the stroller. 

I opened the door slightly and upon noticing it was me peeking in, everyone toned down the volume, and Lucy was able to wheel the stroller in, while we got ready.   Whenever there was any sign of Ellie waking up, one of the girls gently pushed the stroller to lull her back to sleep.  I pushed the stroller out to the pitch and parked it next to Charlie who was sat on the subs bench, doodling on her iPad.  I ruffled Charlie's hair and then raced off to our final training session.