Hug

Update of the week 🥰.  Apologies that it's a bit later than usual.  Let me know what you guys think 😊.

Charlie's POV:

Once Mum and Keira returned with Ellie, I sat down on Keira's lap because Mum was pushing the stroller gently. I leaned into Keira's chest and muttered "can we go now ?", Keira leaned down and quietly answered "we'll go soon", I nodded and slowly sipped on my hot chocolate.

Not much happened, except for Mum occasionally talking to Louise. After about 10 minutes of awkward silences, it was decided we should get going. I got up off Keira's lap but held on tight to her hand. We all walked back to the car park and then it was time for us to get into our separate cars. Mum went around to one side of the car to gently put Ellie into her seat without waking her up, while I stood beside Keira. Then Martin turned to me and said "well hopefully we'll see you soon Charlotte", and then he got into his car. Gillian then turned and attempted to give me a hug, but I stepped back and hid behind Keira. She then said "it was lovely seeing you again Charlotte, hopefully if all goes well we'll be spending a lot more time together", I quietly gasped, but thankfully no one saw because I was hid behind Keira. Louise then spoke to Mum, while Keira opened the car door for me and I sat down. Then Keira leaned across and buckled me in, even though I could do it myself. When she leaned over to secure the buckle I wrapped my arms around her neck and gave her a hug. She secured the buckle and hugged me back, before leaning back and giving me a kiss on my forehead and then standing up and closing the door shut, and getting into the seat in front of me, with Mum in the driving seat. Then we pulled out of the car park and drove back to SGP.

I was so glad we were finished with that visit because it was horrible. I hated the little comments Gillian and Martin made, or seeing the little looks they'd give each other whenever they were talking to Mum or Keira. I especially hated the comment Gillian made when we were saying goodbye that 'if all went well, she'd see me a lot more'. I didn't want to see her ever again, I didn't want to spend more time with her or Martin. What they are doing is horrible, trying to take a child away from her parents is cruel, especially when said child doesn't want to go.

Once Mum parked the car in SGP, I unbuckled myself and got out of the car. Mum and Keira got out after me and Mum carefully lifted Ellie onto her chest.  I walked with Keira inside through reception, and we walked up the stairs with Mum following closely behind us.

Once we were inside our room, I changed into my pjs even though it was only around 4 o'clock.  Mum was sat on her bed with Ellie fast asleep on her chest.  Keira seemed to be in the bathroom, so I joined Mum on the bed and cuddled into her. Mum then turned to me and quietly said "you hungry ?", I nodded my head but made no attempt to get up. Mum then said "when Keira comes out of the bathroom, we'll go downstairs and get something to eat", I just nodded, then Mum continued speaking, "when you're ready, you can talk to me or Keira about today, but I'm not gonna force you to talk to me about it, I know it was hard", I looked up at her and just cuddled closer to her as a reply.

Soon enough Keira came out of the bathroom, and handed me a pair of sliders, and one of Mum's jumpers. Mum carefully got up with Ellie still in her arms and slid on a pair of sliders too, before we all left the room and started heading downstairs.

While we were waiting for the lift, I leaned into Keira's chest as she played with my hair, and quietly spoke to Mum, careful not to wake Ellie. Then the lift pinged and the doors opened revealing Leah. She smiled once she saw us and we got into the lift beside her. Mum pressed the button for the ground floor, while I walked over to Leah and wrapped my arms around her. She instantly picked me up and I cuddled into her, with my legs around her waist and my arms around her neck. She stood swaying me slightly while the lift descended and talked quietly to Mum and Keira.

When we were out of the lift, we all headed to the dining room which when Keira opened the door, it wasn't too noisy which was good. Keira told Leah she'd grab her and I, a bowl of pasta, and then went off with Mum. Leah sat down with me on her lap. She gently nudged me and I looked up at her. "Do you wanna talk about it ?", she carefully asked, rubbing circles on my back. I thought about it for a moment before shaking my head and cuddling back into her. She just replied "that's ok, just know I'm always here if you want to talk to me". "Can you just cuddle me ?", I quietly said. She just wrapped her arms around me and held tight onto me.

There was something about Leah's hugs that always made me feel good. Mum and Keira's hugs always made me feel safe and wanted, not that Leah's didn't, but they just seemed different. Whenever I needed a hug she was always there and would never turn down an opportunity to hug me, even in busy and hectic situations, she always put our hugs first. 

When I turned back around I noticed that Keira had put two bowls down in front of us, and sat down next to us.  I turned and faced the table so I could eat my pasta and so could Leah.  Mum was sitting Ellie on her lap, who was now awake and giggling.

Once we were finished eating I looked around the room to see everyone else was sat down eating dinner.  They must have come in at some point but I hadn't noticed them. Leah then nudged me to let me know we were moving. I wrapped my arms back around her neck and my legs around her waist. She held me up and we walked out of the dining room and into the chill room. Leah sat down on one of the beanbags and then moved me around into a more comfortable position. Mum was playing hide and seek with Ellie, while Keira had sat down next to Lessi who had joined us and the two of them were chatting. I continued to lay in Leah's lap while she played with my hair, essentially giving me a head massage, and I slowly fell asleep.