Relax

Here's the update of the week.  Today I'm gonna do a double update, so here's the first one.  Enjoy ☺️

Lucy's POV:

Today was the last game of the group stages. We were playing Northern Ireland in St Mary's Stadium in Southampton. Because Sarina had tested positive for Covid 19 she wouldn't be there in the manager's box, but Arjan and the rest of the coaching staff would be there. We all knew the game plan too. I was glad I had told the team yesterday about my club decision, because I could now fully concentrate on the games ahead without worrying about where I would go after the tournament.

I woke up bright and early as my alarm went off at 6am. I rolled over to see Keira still fast asleep beside me. I turned off the alarm and carefully got out of bed trying not to wake her up. I looked over at Charlie and Ellie to see that they were both fast asleep. I trudged into the bathroom and started to get ready, while I was brushing my teeth, Charlie opened the door to the bathroom and peered in. Once she saw me she came over and slumped next to me. "Good morning", I quietly asked her, combing my fingers through her hair. "My stomach hurts", I looked down at her and then said "aww I'm sorry Charlie, get changed and I'll get you some medicine to help with it", she nodded and I left her to it. When I was back in the bedroom I noticed Keira awake and swaying looking out the bedroom window with Ellie in her arms. I quietly walked over to them and wrapped an arm around Keira's waist. She jumped slightly at the contact, but instantly relaxed. Ellie looked up at me and moved her hand out for me to hold. "Charlie's stomach is hurting her, have we any painkillers for her ?", Keira turned her head to me and shook her head and then said "we don't but I think Leah might and Leah will have a hot water bottle too, which should help". I nodded my head and let her go, as Charlie came out of the bathroom. "You relax on the bed, I'm gonna go get something from Leah, I'll be right back", I told her as she climbed onto mine and Keira's bed.

I went down a flight of stairs and knocked on Leah's room. She opened "Hey Luce ?", she said. "Hey Le, you wouldn't have any painkillers and a hot water bottle, Charlie's just started her period and her stomach hurts, Kei thought you might have something". Leah turned back into her room and opened a drawer pulling out some medicine and a hot water bottle, "give her one of these after she's eaten something, and I'll go make the hot water bottle and give it to her at breakfast", Leah replied handing me the medicine and heading out the door to make the hot water bottle.  "Thanks Leah", I called out as she waved back.  I headed back up the stairs and opened the door to our room, where Keira was getting Ellie dressed and Charlie was huddled on the bed.  Keira lifted Ellie up just as I closed the door.  She went to put Ellie down, but Ellie started crying, and tried to cling to Keira.  Keira lifted her back up and she held onto her.  I headed over to Charlie and gently picked her up, she clung to me, a few tears running down her cheeks.  "Le gave me some medicine for you, but you have to eat something before you take it", I told her.  Charlie shook her head at the mention of food.  "It won't work, unless you eat something first", I explained.  She just cuddled into my chest.  Keira slipped on her shoes with Ellie clung to her, and we both left the room, with both girls in our arms. 

Once at breakfast, I carried Charlie with me, as I made her some toast and got some eggs and bacon for me.  I grabbed a bottle of water and coffee for me.  I sat down and Charlie turned slowly around in my arms, and slowly picked up a piece of toast and started munching on it.  Keira came over with Ellie who was still crying.  I gently placed Charlie on the chair and stood up.  "What's wrong ?", I asked Keira, looking down at Ellie.  "I don't know, she won't say anything, but every time I try to put her down, she starts crying again".  I reached over and with a bit of difficulty I took Ellie from Keira's arms.  She immediately started crying and tried reaching out for Keira.  "I'll go make her a bottle and get her dummy and blanket", Keira said.  I nodded my head and tried calming Ellie down as Keira rushed out of the dining room, earning some strange looks from the girls who entered, but they soon understood when they saw Ellie in my arms in floods of tears.  "What's going on baby girl ? Was it a bad dream ?", I asked Ellie gently, between her cries.  At the mention of the bad dream, she quickly nodded her head, and I immediately understood why she was crying.  I rubbed circles on her back as she nestled into my chest still crying.  I headed over to the table where Charlie was sat on Leah's lap, with a hot water bottle on her stomach and cuddled into Leah's chest.  'She ok', I mouthed over to Leah, who nodded her head and then quirked her head to Ellie in my arms, I nodded my head and told her "she had a bad dream", Leah sympathetically smiled back at me.  I walked around the room, in attempts to quieten Ellie.  Keira came back just as a staff member announced it was time to leave.  She came over with Ellie's blanket and her dummy and a freshly made bottle and our game day bags and Charlie's backpack.  I took all the stuff from her as she took Ellie back into her arms. I wrapped the blanket around Ellie and slipped the dummy into her mouth which quietened her before I quietly told Keira "she had a bad dream", Keira sighed and pressed a kiss to Ellie's head. I kept the bottle out of sight until we were on the bus. I sat down behind Keira and handed her the bottle over to her. Ellie's little whimpers stopped instantly once she had her bottle. Leah came over to me with Charlie in her arms. "Here's mum", she quietly told Charlie who looked over to me. Leah gently placed her on the seat next to me. Charlie immediately cuddled into me. "Thanks Le", I smiled over at Leah, while she sat down next to Keira just as the bus pulled out and we set off on our journey to the game.