Cake

Absolutely loving the sunny weather atm.  Hope everyone's had a good weekend 😊☺️

Charlie's POV:

After the team had finished their training session, Kei and Le came over to me and Ellie at the subs benches.  Ellie was still fast asleep in her stroller so Kei began to push her, while Le walked beside me.  We walked slightly behind Kei, and Le quickly leaned down and whispered in my ear "I've got your shirts in my room".  I grinned up at her and replied "thank you".  Le nodded and than we quickened our pace to catch up with Kei.  We all headed towards the dining hall for dinner.  I spotted Mum ahead of us in the queue and decided to annoy Millie and Rach especially after this morning and left Le and Kei and bounced over to Mum, and slipped in front of her, wrapping my arms around her waist.  I smirked against Mum's stomach when I heard Rach and Millie give out "that's not fair ! She can't just jump the queue because Bronzey is there".  Mum looked down at me and chuckled slightly when she spotted my smirk.  She nudged me gently so that we could move further in the queue, as we both ignored Millie and Rachel's outbursts.   Mum gave me a nudge and asked "What do ya want for dinner ? There's chicken curry, vegetable curry or lasagna". I thought about it for a minute before replying "chicken curry please".  Mum nodded and began making a plate with chicken curry for me, before placing it on a tray and sliding it down where she made a plate up of vegetable curry for herself.  I then watched as Mum turned around and called out to Kei, who was still waiting in the queue "what do ya fancy Kei ?".  Kei laughed and replied "Vegetable please".  I grinned when I saw the faces of Rach and Millie.  "Now that's definitely not fair", Rach called out, clearly annoyed at how Kei now no longer had to queue for her dinner, because Mum was getting it for her.   Mum and I chuckled while Mum got a plate of vegetable curry for Kei and than asked the chef for a small plate of rice and plain chicken for Ellie.  Once we had gathered all our dinners we walked over to Kei who had sat down at one of the tables with Ellie in her highchair, wide awake and banging her hands on her table, clearly hungry.  Mum handed Kei her plate and Ellie's plate.  I sat down beside Mum and was soon joined by Alex beside me. 

Dinner was enjoyable.  Alex was laughing with Mum about her annoying Rach and Millie in the queue, which everyone continued to laugh about.   Once we were all finished our dinner, the lights dimmed down and people quietened.  I looked around wondering what was going on, and that's when I spotted one of the staff members walking towards us with a cake and the candles lit on the cake.  I smiled and turned back to Ellie, who was sat on Kei's lap looking around, also trying to figure out what was going on.  Someone counted down from 3 and everyone began singing Happy Birthday to Ellie.  The cake was placed in front of Ellie, who hid herself against Kei's chest, not liking the attention.  Once everyone had stopped singing, Kei looked over at me and asked "want to help blow out Ellie's candles Charlie ?".  I nodded and got off my seat and walked over to Kei, who let me sit on her knee.  I leaned forward along with Kei and we blew out Ellie's candles.   Everyone cheered and than the staff member pulled out a knife and handed it to Mum, who began to cut the cake, placing a slice on a plate, and handing it to Kei to give to Ellie.  Ellie smiled widely at the sight of the slice of cake, and immediately reached out her hand for the slice.  Everyone who saw her, laughed at her reaction.  "Speech, speech, speech", Millie called out.  Mum looked at her, with an eyebrow raised "she's not even 2 years old Mill, I don't think she'll be giving a speech, she's a bit preoccupied with her slice of birthday cake".  "On Ellie's behalf, I'll say a big massive thank you, and enjoy", Mum finished up with before sitting back down as the staff handed out slices of cake to everyone. 

After dinner, I walked with Mum, Kei and Ellie back to our room.  I grabbed my pj's from my bed and made my way into the bathroom to get changed.  I came back out and Mum instantly picked me up, tickling me.  "Mum, stop !!", I gasped out of breath.  Mum eventually stopped and we soon began making our way downstairs to where most of the team were playing a bunch of board games.  I watched as Kei sat down on one of the beanbags with Ellie in her arms, and I instantly decided that's where I wanted to sit too.  I waited for Kei to get comfortable before I slipped onto their beanbag and leaned against Kei's shoulder "Well, hello Charlie", Kei said to me, before reaching up and taking the bottle from Mum, and handing it to Ellie, who immediately started drinking from it.  "I'm excited for tomorrow, no matter if you guys win or lose, because it's still Ellie's birthday none the less, which means presents and maybe more cake ?", I explained to Kei.  Kei smiled down at me and nodded listening to me.  "I think everyone is more excited for Ellie's birthday, than she is", Kei told me.  I nodded agreeing with her.  It then hit me that this was the last tournament that Mum and Kei would be playing for the same team.  "Whatcha thinking about Charlie ?", Kei leaned down, looking at me.  "This is yours and Mums last England tournament, playing for the same club, because Mum is going to Barca, so the only time we'll really be able to spend time as a family together will be in England camps", I explained quietly.  Kei pulled me tighter to her, and replied quietly "We will be spending as much time as possible not just in England camps as a family, I can promise you that Charlie".  I nodded and cuddled closer to her, trying not to worry too much about the future, but instead looking forward to tomorrow.