Recovery

Lucy's POV:

We stayed overnight in Manchester last night in a hotel.  This morning we all got up early to catch a short flight back to London.  I had noticed Keira looking a lot better today, than she had in a while.  She seemed more like herself, which Ellie and Charlie were delighted, as she played with them and entertained them on the bus and on the plane. I was glad she was feeling better, because I knew how much she hated being sick and not being able to take care of the girls.  

Once we landed in Manchester after a quick flight, we got on another bus that would take us back to base camp.   Once back at base camp, we had recovery.  I walked with Alex and Demi to the pool.  Once I reached the ice pool I noticed that Keira was in there with Charlie and Ellie nearby, playing with each other.  As I slowly walked into the ice pool, Ellie noticed me and came plodding over and reached her hands out, indicating she wanted me to pick her up.  "Mummy is in very cold water", I explained to her, thinking she might change her mind, but she didn't seem to care, as she continued to stretch her hands out as far as she could without falling in.  I walked over and picked her up, trying to make sure her feet didn't touch the water.  She cuddled against me and looked around at everyone who was in the ice pool with us.   I looked over to see Keira and Georgia starting to get out and make their way over to grab their towels.  "Do you want to go with Mama ?", I asked Ellie, which made Keira and Georgia stop walking, waiting on Ellie's reply.  Ellie looked over at Keira, and then shook her head, cuddling back into me.  Charlie then piped up "I'll come with you Kei", hopping up from her spot sat on the edge of the pool, having being chatting to Demi, and walked over to Keira and Georgia.

I stayed in the ice pool a little while longer, chatting to Alex and Demi, while gently swaying Ellie in my arms. Once our ice session was over, we got out of the pool and dried ourselves off before making our way to the dining room for dinner. I grabbed a plate and started grabbing some food, while also making up a plate for Ellie. I walked over to a table where Alex, Demi, Ellen and Fran were sat and sat down. Ellen quickly went over to grab the high chair for Ellie and I thanked her, before lifting Ellie into the chair. I placed Ellie's plate in front of her. She began eating all that she could with her hands, while I ate my dinner. As I was in conversation with Fran, Alex turned to me and quickly said "I'll help Ellie with her food", I looked to see Ellie trying to eat mashed potatoes with her fingers. "Are you sure, I can do it", I asked Alex, while stopping Ellie from continuing to eat the potato with her fingers, grabbing a napkin and cleaning her fingers. "Yeah, pass me a spoon", Alex replied. I turned back to my conversation with Fran, but kept glancing over to see Alex feeding Ellie her mashed potatoes, seemingly making a game out of it. I smiled watching the two of them.

As soon as Ellie was finished with her plate she made it very clear that she wanted to get out of the high chair.  I picked her up and sat her down on my knee, bouncing my knee up and down in an attempt to keep her entertained.  Unfortunately it only lasted so long before, she started squirming again.  I looked down at her and said "where do you wanna go Ellie ?", Ellie looked up at me and then pointed her finger over at Keira, "mama", she squealed.  I smiled at her and then got up from the table excusing us both and let her down.  I held her hand as we walked over to Keira's table.

Once we reached Keira's table, I let go of her hand as I watched her rush over to Keira and clamber onto her lap. I started chatting to Less and Mary. I then felt two little hands wrap around my leg, and I looked down to see Ellie looking right back up at me, I leaned down and picked her up and she immediately asked "bobble ?",  I chuckled and replied "is that the only reason you came over to me, for a bottle", tickling her, she giggled and tried to escape but I held tightly onto her.  I moved over to Keira to let her know I was going to make Ellie a bottle.  She nodded and replied saying she would be in the chill room.  I headed towards the kitchen holding Ellie's hands as she stood on top of my feet. Once we reached the kitchen, Ellie sat on my feet as I made her bottle. Once I was done making the bottle I lifted her up off my feet and showed her the bottle. She held onto it tightly and then started squirming to get down. I let her down once we were out of the kitchen. I watched as she walked slowly beside me, occasionally sipping from the bottle. I steered her in the direction of the chill room and held open the door for her to walk through, still clutching the bottle. I watched as she made her way over to Keira, Leah and Alex, she held up her bottle to Keira. Keira took the bottle and then picked her up, once she was in Keira's lap, Ellie took the bottle back and cuddled into Keira's chest. I felt a hand tug on my arm and looked around to see Charlie tugging my arm. "Hey Charlie", I sai cheerfully, but when I looked down at her face, my face changed to worry, when I saw the tears in her eyes. I instantly knew to gently pull her along opening the door to the hallway and leading her out.