Chap. 3; The Blond and the Brunette

A truck pulled into Steve's drive, causing Lauren to feel relieved. The boy stepped out of the car and yelled out to her, "Lauren, this better be good. I was sleeping sound fully." He wrapped her arms around her, worried. She accepted the hug and sat there for a moment with her head in his chest before pulling away.

"I'm fine, nothing wrong." Grabbing Lauren's shoulders, he ushered Lauren to the front seat of the car. He walked around the car and hopped in the front driver's seat.

"Where to?"

"Uh, I don't know my dads going to kill me if I show up wasted. He will kill me if I don't show up at all." She shugged, weighing her options.

"Well, how about you can stay and just call him tonight? Just tell him you are staying at night with B." Lauren nodded her head.

"Yeah, okay. Do you have any extra weed? I need to relax, I'm still pissed."

"Yeah, in the back, you have to grab it." Lauren climbed over the center console, digging through his backpack, finding a pre-rolled joint.

"Why were you even at Steve's? I thought Nancy was the one who was hanging out with him?" He looked at her through the rearview mirror.

"I told Nancy I would come, and things got heated. That's why I screamed at his and why I broke that bottle on the front of the house."

"What, you broke a bottle on his house? That's so crazy of you. I can't believe you do something so bad," He said in a sarcastic tone and sniffled at his own words.

"Shut up, I was shitfaced before you got there." Lauren said, climbing back over. She lit up the joint, taking a hit. She felt he worry melt away as she let herself relax.

"Roll down a damn window. I'm not trying to hot box this car right now, Lauren." He reached over her body, rested his chest on her legs, and began cranking the window open. Lauren hit the top of his head.

"Walt, look at the fucking road." Walt popped up immediately looking at the road. Lauren finished rolling down the window.

"So." He raised his eyebrows at her.

"So what?" She returned it.

"How did things get heated like "oh Steve I want to drag my nails into your back" in a good way or bad way?"Lauren rolled her eyes with a slight head shake.

"Bad way you dumbass. Did you not hear screaming part?" He just smiled at her answer.

"Yeah you were screaming all right. God Steve, harder, harder, harder! Fuck! Yes! That!" Walt yelled imitating her. Again Lauren rolled her eyes at him.

"Shut up for fucks sake."

"You know I'm right."

"No you're not I currently don't want to fuck anything. Let alone Steve Harrington."

"God I'm just fucking with you. What happened, though?" He looked at the Brunette in his passenger seat.

"I don't even know like I basically told him he could die and then he called me a bitch then-"

"What you told him to die." Walt interrupted her. Lauren shugged.

"I mean kinda... but like I didn't at the same time. I said the cigarettes would." He didn't respond with words, just nodded. The two didn't talk for a while just sitting in each other's presence until. "Shit I can't take this anymore. Can we play something this rock crap is killing my premature hangover?"

"Yeah, whatever." Lauren reached into the glove box pulling out a cassette tape that she had left in her one time. Lo's shit songs. "

"Asshole, when did you name this?" He just smiled at her as she put the tape in. 'Call Me' begins to play, "Blondies not shit." Again the car was silent. Lauren took another hit turning her head to see Walt bobbing his head and tapping his hand on the steering wheel to the song. She immediately pointed at him and drummed her hands on his thigh "You like Blondie."