Chap. 24; Last Christmas

Lauren sat down in English a week after the night at the theater. The inteir week Lauren thought about that dream she couldn't get it out of her head. She hated it just as much as she liked it though she'd never admit it. Her brain may not have wanted anything to do with it but there was just a little something that changed. She felt Steve kick her chair.

"Hey space cadet." He said while she was turning around. "Damn took you long enough I was trying to get your attention."

"What Harrington?" Lauren said, holding on to the back of her chair.

"Was just wondering if you were going to the party." Lauren furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Yeah right after we drop Eleven at the dance why?"

"I don't know I was just curious."

"Bullshit what?"

"Well the only other person I've spent any real time with since like the beginning of November has been Henderson and well you. I was just seeing if you'd be there."

"Yes Harrington I'll be there after we drop off Eleven."

"We?"

"My Dad's dropping us off." Steve looked at her for a moment before saying,

"Well I'm dropping Dustin off I could just pick you and Eleven up. Save you dad the trip."

"No you don't have too."

"It's really not a big deal we are going to the same place."

"Okay Harrington, if you insist we'll be ready at seven. Eleven doesn't want to be late."

"Noted I'll be there." Lauren turned back to listen to the teacher ramble with the last 5 minutes of class about something with his divorce. The bell rang Lauren opened her locker when Walt kicked the back of her knee.

"You know I fucking hate it when you do that."

"You are going to fall sooner than later. I'll keep doing it till then." Walt said, leaning on the lockers.

"If you make me fall in front of the whole school I will never talk to you again."

"Oh god it's really that easy I've only been trying for years." He joked.

"You are the funniest person I have ever met. It was so funny I forgot to laugh." Lauren exchanged her notebook for a textbook. "You aren't going to believe me when I tell you I'm going to do something with Harrington and It wasn't forced."

"Why?" Walt looked at her with a confused look on his face.

"Well I'm not really doing something with him, I'm just riding with him."

"Where?"

"The party that you're too lame to go to."

"I'm not lame I'd rather sleep with my girlfriend than go get drunk on some trash beer at Shawn Wildly's party."

"Oh yeah forgot you can't keep your dick out of her. Poor girls probably tried."

"Your just mad it's not you." Lauren closed her locker holding her books in her hands.

"Oh damn you caught me. I want you so fucking bad Walt." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"I fucking knew it." They both laughed before walt pulled away while they walked into Mr. Kenly's Earth and Space Science joke of a class. The two did nothing in the class but talk and would occasionally do a lab.

"Eleven I couldn't find the exact dress." Lauren said running threw the door. Eleven came out of the room with a huge smile on her face. They both walked into the bedroom. "I found a dress very similar if there's no sequence around your waist but I figured when you were in the shower I could glue some jems I found in the craft section and put it on this belt. Oh yeah I also finally found the shampoo and conditioner that is good for your natural curls. It's normally sold out so I bought like 4 bottles of each." Lauren just kept talking until even El hugged her.