Chap. 58; The Brunet and the Bruette That's New

Lauren was pouring herself a bowl of soup when Bill walked into the kitchen. "Good evening, Starshine." Lauren smiled at the stupid thing he said too often. "Feeling good?" Lauren nodded, rubbing her foot on the dog below her.

"Yea, today's been good." She looked up at him, tossing her an orange bottle. This was her answer about 45 percent of mornings. Fifteen, she didn't get out of bed to respond, and the other 40 percent, she either responded with a no or nothing at all.

A new medication, a new doctor, things seemed better. Still more bad days than good, but she was trying. She continued with her mouring runs, her schedule, only this time it's even more important. She made herself eat at the same time every day. She was trying her best every day. Someday, he best was only 10%, but she gave all ten percent.

There was nothing she wanted more than to get better. Every time she thought out suicide she put in any ounce of her effort in thinking about what she loved what she was doing. Working on herself like this is exhausted, but she truly believed it was worth it.

Steve got a call everymouring at 5, and he answered it without a problem she talked to him for thirty minutes. He would do his best to make her laugh to make it feel like he was lying next to her. She would immediately get up through something to run in, get the dog ready and go running, stop at the park, and play with her. Make her have fun in the grass and as much as she could. She got home and was ready for school. It was alright. It was school.

After spending months with them, she really started to understand them. Sydney is a sweetheart with some personal problems, but we all had 'em. Pierce was truly a teddy bear. The guy at the party was not nearly the real Pierce. Clarke was a little weird, but he was a nerd, kind, and compassionate. Drew, he was still just there. What their art teacher had said was right. They just stayed strangers working on project after project of each other. He just never opened up.

"Good, let's keep it that way." Lauren scoffed, pulling a pill out of the bottle and downing it with the rest of her water. "Good."

A little girl came barreling into the room in colorful clothing, "Daddy!" She ran to Bill, he squated down with his arms extended to pick the girl up. Jennie sat on his hip, a smile in her face. "You look really pretty, Lolo."

"Thank you, Jennie." Lauren smiled back at her as she slid out of her chair to pour the milk in the sink. "I think you look pretty yourself." She tickled her neck as she walked by, the girl giggling.

It felt like a storm cloud entered the room when Diane entered the room. In an attempt not to ruin her good day, she walked to the doorway. "Come on, Auggie, let's get ready for bed." Lauren snapped her fingers the door following behind her. As they walked, Lauren pat the large dogs side.

The room she entered still didn't feel like it belonged to her. After months, it still wasn't hers. She collapsed in the bed, running her hands on the head of the dog the way she liked. "You're so sweet, Auggie." She said, the voice accompanied by her smile on her face making the dog wag her tail. "You're such a good girl." Lauren rubbed her head while reaching in a drawer.

Auggie was gentle, taking it from her hand but jumped up on the bed, laying on the bottom corner to finish it. Lauren took this as her time toget ready for bed, pushing if the bed to the closet. Her skirt hit the floor, her shirt unbuttoned and pulled off her shoulders, both discarded into the pale white basket. The goosebumps from the cold were erased when a warm sweatshirt was pulled over them. A small pair of shorts pulled to her hips. Lauren first removed her necklace, then her earrings, and finally, Steve's small danty leather watch.

After brushing her teeth and washing her face, she was finally able to let herself crawl under the cool bed shirts. Auggie moved to lay next to her. Whether Lauren needed her more or the other way around, she didn't know.