Chap. 48; Shit Hits The Mindflayer

Walt sat Lauren down after crossing the glass as they joined the group. Very few words were shared between any of them. The mood was extremely eerie and heavy. Jim smiled at Lauren before she was out of sight. She returned it with a wave.

When they made it outside of the mall, the group was met with the hot day summer air. Eleven was in the arms of Mike and Max limping in pain. "How long ago did that happen?" They glanced over at Lauren.

"About an hour and a half ago."

"Has she been bleeding a lot?"

"Not terribly." Max said as she helped the girl get into the back of the car. Everyone else squished in the back. When Nancy put the keys in the ignition as she turned, the engine began to shudder.

"What's wrong?"

"I dont..." The girl truned the key again just for it to do the same thing. "You can't be serious. Come on!"

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked, getting an aggregated sigh.

"Yes. I'm sure it's fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asked, trying to be a help and figure out a possibility.

"No."

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes!" She screamed before she twisted the key as hard as she could, as if that would make the car start.

"Hey, stop. Pop the hood." Jonathan got out of the car followed by Nancy.

"She probably left the lights on." Lucas said.

"She said she didn't leave them on." Lauren said, looking at the boy with wide eyes.

"It worked just fine on the way here." The headlights from a nearby car shined through the window. It was a little weird, but for the second, they didn't think anything of it. It was when the engine of the car revved.

Nancy hit the car window, frightening the people in the car that were already on edge. "Back into the mall!" Nancy yelled, pulling the door all the way open. Lauren ran and opened the back help Eleven, and Mike out she helped to get to the other side of the girl helping her to walk into the mall.

Once they were back to the food court filled with bright neon sighs, Mike and Eleven set Eleven down on a bench. Mike immediately pulled out his walkie, "Stay here." Eleven looked down at her proped up leg. "Oh, right. Okay, I'll be back." He stepped away, bringing the walkie-talkie to his mouth.

"I'm so sorry this happened. I'm sorry this is always happening to you."

"It is not your fault."

"Yeah, but I could have been up her with you. I should have been with you. I'm sorry."

"You had your own problem." Lauren squeezed the girls hand. "I'm tired." Eleven leaned her head on Lauren's shoulder, where Lauren ran her hand on her back softly.

"From what I've heard, you've been working really hard. It's okay to be tired. I am, too, and I haven't done jack shit." Eleven scoffed. "What do you say tomorrow when we kill this mother fucker for good... we stay in bed let your leg heal eat some popcorn and watch The Outsiders."

"With Dad."

"Yes of course. With Dad. And Mike can come too." Eleven shook her head. "Or not. Just us, us, Matt Dillon, Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze."

"And Ralph Macchio." Lauren smiled when Jonathan caught her her eye.

"We need some help." Lauren stood up, taking Eleven's hand. Everyone was walking over to the car that was in complete ruin surrounded by rubble.

Tension (Steve Harrington)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें