Chap. 17; 9 to 5

Lauren woke up with the worst headache, igniting the light pouring in from under the door.  She grabbed the pillow and pulled it over her face before getting up. Her feet hit the cold ground as she walked to the door. Lauren made her way to the bathroom when she looked in the mirror she saw bags under her eyes and hair three times her regular size. After looking at her hot mess self in the mirror for a moment she opened the medicine cabinet grabbing some of the painkillers she had leftover from last year's surgery to drown out the worst headache she's ever had. When she opened it, she dropped it, spilling them all down the sink.

"Damn," she thought, picking it up and throwing it in the trash. She opened the cabinet, grabbing Tylenol. Lauren filled up a dixie cup of water and tilted her head back, throwing 3 pills in her mouth followed by the water. Just as she swallowed the water, the pills and the whiskey came back up. Bruning more than when she drank it than the night before. She wiped her mouth with the sleeves of her shirt before rinsing out the sink. Lauren grabbed a few more Tylenol and put them in a pudding so she could take them.

The phone rang from Lauren's room, the only phone in the house it took so much convincing for her to get the phone in the trailer, let alone the cabin. She walked to wanting to shut it up. "Hello." She said, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Bitch where the fuck are you I had to do a lab with wannabe Streisand."

"Stop screaming Walt."

"I didn't. I'm sorry, are you going to be here before our free period?"

"Yes, Walt once I shower I got pissed off and must not have set my alarm. Don't worry I'll be there."

"Bring me a quarter."

"Why?"

"The money I spent on this pay phone."

"You'll be fine." Walt hung up the phone causing Lauren to do the same. She walked back to the bathroom pulling the string for the light, closing the bathroom curtain behind her.

Lauren walked to school after her shower considering she didn't have a ride to school. She saw Nancy and Steve talking in the alleyway so she decided to walk around so she didn't have to walk right through them. By the time she got around Steve was walking out of the alley.

"What the hell do you want?" Lauren looked at him weird.

"What the fuck did I do to you?" He rolled his eyes walking back into the gym. She made it to AP painting which she hated. She hated the fact that she had no freedom of what she could paint and that she had to follow the project guidelines. 

After class she made her way to Trig but she saw Nancy looking almost as hungover as she did. Lauren saw her and immediately turned around making an unusual turn to avoid her. She was still so pissed about their conversation the night before. Lauren thanked god that Nancy sat with Steve at lunch and didn't want to talk to her at least until she calmed down. Somebody wrapped their arm around Lauren causing her to look up.

"Missed you at the party last night." Lauren rolled her eyes when she saw the mullet and the dumbass earring. He must have disregard their small conversation because the infant did see each other.

"Oh, bummer." She pushed his arm off of her. "I saw you doing your little keg stand. Become the new duche bag, king?" Lauren walked in the door, Billy following behind her through the door.

"I can be a king without being a douche."

"And that's precisely what makes you a douche, the fact that you just said you are a king."

"I can be the king of…" He looked down at Lauren's crotch before finishing his sentence. "Some uncharted territory." Lauren turned to the girl sitting beside her mouth to help her. Billy said another one of his comment before the other girl said,