Chap. 33; Mr. Harrington

Steve's eyes looked over the burnette girl in his t-shirt wrapped in the sheets of his bed. In fact, the only thing in the room that wasn't officially his was her. He so desperately wanted her to be. He not only had he caught feeling for her. He was completely in love with her.

He noticed little things like her snoring was in a pattern. It didn't happen evertime she took a breath. He noticed the goosebumps roll over her arm, so he pulled the sheet up to her shoulder. Steve's attention was drawn away from the vanilla, and cherry scented girl when he heard his name being called from down the hallway.

Steve immediately slid off the bed, grabbed a pair of sweat pants, and pushed through his door. "Hey, Dad," Steve said.

"Hi," he said awkwardly, staring at his son like he was insane for the quick moment. "Steven, I need you," Steve smiled even though it could have been good or bad. "I need you to do something for me." Steve's smile lingered with didn't help his dads quick temper. "Steven?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Are you on drugs?" Steve's eyebrows flew up and his hand to his heart.

"What, no, I would never."

"Goddamn it, Steve, are you on drugs?"

"No." Kenneth grabbed Steve's chin, pulling him to a mirror in the hallway.

"Look at your goddamn eyes." Kenneth dropped his hand.

"It's only a little bit of weed it's fine." Steve shrugged, not looking him the eyes.

"Yeah, and what are they going to say when they drug test everyone before the tournament." Steve shook his head.

"They're not. They haven't all year." Kenneth looked beyond pissed. More than he had been I a while.

"Send your little whore home we need to have a talk."

"What are you talking about?" Kenneth flicked a bruse on his shoulder.

"Tell her to keep her teeth in check that's trashy." Steve tried not to roll his eyes. He could easily cover it. "Besides I could hear you two downstairs. I don't want to see her and I don't want your mom to blab on about how disrespectful it is so get her out and meet me in the kitchen." Steve stared at his Dad for a moment. "Now Steven."

As soon as he Dad said that he turned back to his room. Where the girl lay in the same spot. Why couldn't she stay. Steve leaned on the bed a kissed her neck. "Hop." Lauren's eyes fluttered open. "Hi."

"Hi," Lauren gave him a quick kiss before she woke the rest of the way up.

"Hey, my Dad is home."

"So you need me to get going." Steve look disappointed but he nodded. "Okay. Let me get dressed."

"Let me help you." Steve grabbed Lauren her pants off the floor before lauren took them for herself.

"Never thought you'd try putting clothes on me." She took off her shirt. "You must really want me out." Lauren joked.

"Actually, I never want you to leave." She rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see as he was laying on his elbow on the bed behind her. "Anyone ever tell you, you look like you might as well have been built in a lab by teenage boys to be perfect in every conceivable way?" Lauren turned her head to look at him like he was stupid. "What?"

"Like the movie that coming out in August?"

"What movie?"

"Weird Science?" Steve shook his head before Lauren turned back and slipped on her shoes. "Anyways. Am I sneaking out, or is your dad more, you know, go with the flow?"