Chap. 44; Down, Down, To Goblin Town

Suddenly, everyone's stomachs were at their feet it felt like they were about to die. It was only like the seventy millionth time, so what was another. Yells escaped the mouths of all of them as they continued to drop into what at his point felt like the deepest depths of hell.

"Shit, Shit!" From Dustin we the only words yelled that broke the screams of everyone. Grabbing ahold of the control box, the boy begain hitting buttons as fast and hard as he could.

"We're going down! We are going down!" The second words were screamed as if it wasn't obvious to everyone in the room and anyone with in a thousand feet of the free falling "storage room."

"Yeah, no shit Harrington." Robin yelled back at him, holding into the metal shelf so as not to fall completely on her face.

"Why don't these buttons work?" Erica ran over to the boy frantically pushing them just as repeatedly while yelling for him to press it, getting the same exact result. "Whay do you think I'm doing?!"

"Come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve screamed just as the bottom hit the ground and stopped moving. Lauren, along with the others, legs buckled, sending the straight to the ground despite the fact that they were holding on to anything they could find for support. "My groin. It fell on my groin.

A few sighs of pain and frustration later, Lauren got back to her feet with no damage other than the little vomit forming in her throat. She stepped over a fallen box to help Dusin lift a box of Steve. Once the box was lifted, Steve helped to put it on the counter.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asked.

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know Russians can't design elevators!" Steve screamed as if he was still falling immediately moving to the stupid ass buttons that could have got them in the whole, "Elevator to Hell" situation.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." He turned around with a red face and big eyes.

"They're buttons! They have to do something."

"Yeah, if we had a keycard."

"A what?"

"It's an electronic lock. Same as the loading dock door. If we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning."

"We fucking stuck in here? Great."Lauren said, running her fingers through the root of her hair.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to spending the night a Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if um not a uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you for are responsible she's going to hunt you down one by one a slit your throat." Lauren didn't think that was a bad outcome for her at the moment.

"I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's Party! You moms not going to able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve yelled to the girl infront of him.

"No!" Lauren yelled back at him he looked at her unsure what to say.

"Wh-"

"No, you do not yell at her. We only here..." Lauren took a deep breath and began to correct herself. "She's only her because you three nimrods couldn't leave the idea of being American Heroes alone could you? You couldn't have taken some more time to think about a way to get in her without a literal child. So, no, you don't get to yell at her for worring about what she should be worried about at the young, young age of ten." The whole room sat quiet as she took another deep breath. "But you know what? She shouldn't even be worried about that anymore she worried about the fact that were are trapped in here till a Russian with a keycard waltzs his happy ass in here and either kills us on the spot of makes us go work as little Russian slave test dumbys in cold ass Russia.