CHAPTER 51~RUBY'S POV

I woke up to the sound of water pouring so I turned to face the second side to see that Arthur wasn't in bed again so I tried to stand up but I felt an intense pain that sent me to the floor, I gained some strength and tried to walk towards the bathroom but I couldn't.
           I heard the sound of the shower turning off which meant Arthur would be out soon,he came out later with a towel tied loosely around his hips and droplets of water were still running down his body, immediately he sighted me he frowned "what's wrong?"he asked walking towards me
"I can't walk properly without falling"I said with a smile because I was really happy so he picked me up bridal style and dropped me on the bed with a smirk on his face all along
"that happened as a result of the work I did on you last night but don't worry the pain would reduce"he said and gave me a peck on my forehead before walking towards the walk-in closet and he brought out a black suit and shoe that I was sure cost a fortune
"are you going somewhere?"I asked
"yes we all have a meeting with the supernatural leaders"he said
"so that means I should have been ready by now"I said
"no"he said
"what do you mean by no?"I asked
"you aren't coming along"he said
"and why is that?"I asked
"because I don't want you to be there"he said putting on the cloth and shoe
"but...."
"no buts"he said interrupting me
"oh god so what do I do when you are away?"I asked as he was brushing his hair
"I don't know watch some movies because Fiona is coming with us "he said
"why?"I asked sadly now
"because it's important she's there but I promise we won't take too long before we are back"he said and gave me a peck on my forehead and lips before he left.
            I sat on the bed thinking, I could have never imagined Arthur and I confessing that we loved each other it felt like a dream that I never wanted to wake up from, I could never even imagine that I would have willing given my virginity to the man that I fought with the most almost everytime, I smiled before I stood up again this time the pain had reduced a little so I walked into the bathroom and had my bath, already tying a towel I walked out of the bathroom and opened the walk-in closet to see it stocked with clothes for women and for men in the other.
       The walk-in closet was very big and the side that was stocked with women cloth was so full with clothes, One aisle was stocked with sweatpants of different colors, sneakers in another,heels in another and so on.
             I picked up a black jogger pant and a black hoodie top pairing it with a white sneakers before coming out, I didn't know what to do next so I decided to watch a movie so I decided on kissing booth.
           After watching it for sometime I found out that it was getting late so I decided to go downstairs to get something to eat.
            I got to the kitchen and met the maids doing their duties and immediately they saw me they stopped all what they were doing "have you guys cooked dinner yet?"I asked "no lady ruby"the eldest maid,bella said,she was my mother's name sake that was why we were close already "okay bella you guys don't have to worry about it I'll get it done"I said with a smile "why do you want to make dinner my lady?"she asked "why do you ask?"I asked her "it's very rare to see a vampire cook"she said and I gave her a full blown smile "I am different"I said and she nodded her head "okay guys be fast we are done for the night"bella said and they all nodded and returned back to work and in no time they were done so I began cooking,as I was cooking my ears picked up movements behind me so I clutched the knife in my hand tighter, I felt the person sneakily walking closer to me and made to touch me but I immediately turned around and aimed for the neck "hey ruby it's just me"Arthur said with wide eyes probably not expecting it "why'd you walk like that?"I asked "I wanted to surprise you"he said letting out a sigh and I rolled my eyes"well I don't get surprised easily and especially not in this way"I said and continued cooking "yes I know now and I had to find out this way"he said and I rolled my eyes again as he sat on the counter "but who were you expecting?"he asked "anyone, you know I am the only one at home"I said and he nodded "anyway why are you cooking?"he asked "I felt like, it's been very long since I last cooked you know"I said "okay"he said "don't just sit there get some blood from the fridge"I said "no way, why should I?"he said "you have to do that now or else I won't let you eat out of what I have prepared"I said "but I don't want to do this"he said folding his arms while whining like a child and I smiled liking this side of him "do you have a choice now Arthur"I said with a smirk "fine"he said frowning and got the blood  "good boy"I said and together we made dinner "what was the meeting about?"I asked "well, all the supernatural leaders wanted to apologize for not helping in the war and they also wanted to know when the coronation for every supernatural would take place but we told them that the elders would be the one to choose that"he said "so have the elders done that?"I asked "nope not yet"he said and I nodded "hey ruby"Fiona said giving me a hug as everyone sat down and began to eat "oh my god this food is more delicious than anything I have ever tasted"Adam said and they all nodded "who prepared this?"king Alexander asked "I did"I said "wow you are such a good cook"they said and I smiled "thanks" I said and we continued eating in a comfortable silence.