IX

My eyes fluttered open, i could hear the wind howling outside, wafting the curtain side to side. It was still dark, not yet morning, I had a headache forming, probably from the night i had last night. The room was cold but i was warmed, wrapped up, by another. Next to me was a lightly snoring oscar, his arms wrapped around me, one of my hands in his hair, the other on his chest, we were close, his head rested ontop of my head. my leg inbetween his.

"Oscar," i whispered, "Are you awake?" tilting my head up causing his to lift also. He groaned, as if i had awoke him from a deep sleep. "hmm," he said, his voice croaky, "what?" he asked still holding me tightly, whilst i shuffled up to his eye level. His eyes still closed, as mine became larger and more awake.

"i was just seeing if you were awake," i said, letting go of him, allowing him to turn over, now facing away from me, as did i. I layed there for a few moments, growing colder, shutting my eyes tightly trying to drift back off, as the clock on the side table read 4:21 meaning we both had atleast 5 more hours of sleep, but i couldn't sleep without the touch of another, without the touch of him.

"Oscar," i whispered once again turning back around facing the back of his neck. "hmm," he sounded from the other side of the bed. "can you hold me again?" i asked placing one of my arms around his waist, which fell when he turned to face me again, wrapping one arm around my wasit and the other behind my neck, stroking my hair. I sighed, happily, laying within the safety, the warmth of him, with my head resting on his chest, curled up into a ball with my hands around him. 

--------------

when the morning came, my vision was hazy, i awoke the sheets all over, as i layed sideways, poking my head out from the mountain of covers. The room was fully lit from the suns rays outside, i looked around hearing the water running in another room.
I reached for my phone at the bed side table, almost missing it causing it to fall, but luckily i caught it just in time of any drastic noise, alerted to the person in my hotel that i had arisen from my slumber.
I checked the time, it was close to nine, the time i was going to wake up initially so i could do what the mystery person i slept with last night was also doing.
The water had stopped running, i heard the splash of wet feet on the tiles of the bathroom floor, before a fairly tall male walked out, half naked with shorts on but no shirt, i could see his body from the waist up, it was slim and looked to be rock solid with abs.
I blinked several times before pinching myself, making sure i wasn't dreaming, the male cane back out turning around, making eye contact with me.
"Oscar?" I said questioningly to which he froze, and looked around as if he was confused why i would be questioning that in the first place.

"What're you doing here?" I asked clinging onto the bedsheet, hoping not to hear what i didn't want him to say.
"Well you were drunk, i took you home, and you wanted me to stay, so i did," he said thining his lips like it was obvious.
"Is that all?" I asked just to be sure, what i was scared if happening, didn't happen.
"That was all," i sighed in relief, stepping out of the bed, throwing the duvet i was clinging into back onto the bed. "I'm going to shower," i said leaving him out there, to do whatever he please.

I hopped in the shower, running the steamy water through me hair, prepared to give it a good wash, when i realised, i hadn't fetched anything in with me, snd just assumed i could use the products that were in here like it was my own shower.
"Umm Oscar," i yelled, hoping he'd be able to hear me over the shower head.
"Yeah!?" He yelled back sounding as confused as ever.
"Could you go in my suitcase and get me my shampoo, conditioner, soap and a towel, pretty please," i shouted, hoping he would. I waited a few minutes just running the got water onto my hair and body as i stalled my shower.
"Can i come in?" He asked, stood turning the handle of the door, before i had even replied.
"Mhm" i muttered as he entered, i peaked my head through the back of the shower curtain grabbing the shower supplies in my hands and telling him to leave the towel just on the side. He tried not to look at me whilst doing that, but couldn't really help natural instinct.

Hopping out the shower, i had a towel around my waist and one on my head, and my toothbrush in my mouth, attempting to get the taste of alcohol off my tongue and breath. It worked to some extent. I stepped out, from the bathroom, the towel still wrapped aorund my body, but the one from my head discarded to the floor of the bathroom, almost forgetting oscar was there, until i saw him sat on the edge of the perfectly made bed, staring at his phone, typing something rather calmly.

I grabbed some clothes quickly from the suitcase on the floor, grasping onto the towel for dear life, before rushing back into the bathroom, shutting the door quite aggresively. I took a deep breath as small memories of the night flooded back into my mind. At the moment, all i can remember is going out for food with oscar, and maybe drinking a little bit too much and then when we were going home, he had to help me. God that must've been so embarrasing, For him and me.

--------

Once i was ready we headed out of the hotel and drove straight to the track, and arrived just in time at about half 9 which was probably record breaking for me. We drove in silent for the most part, the radio occasionaly breaking the tension from both of us humming to a song.

"i'm sorry," i mumbled, still looking straight, to which he glanced at me for a second, then taking his eyes to the road again, "hm," he said as if to say he didn't hear me. "I'm sorry," i said a little louder turning to him as we parked in the paddock's lot. He turned to me, one hand still on the steering wheel, "What for?" he questioned, as i looked down, my hair falling with me, as he placed a finger on my chin, guiding it upwards, before stroking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I sat back slightyl, tingles going up my spine, i felt a red colour devouring my face. I cleared my throat slightly before beginning to speak again, "um, uh about last night," he rolled his eyes and smirked, letting out a breathless scoff. "it's fine, it was fun," he said placing a hand on my arm just below my shoulder, which slowly corresed my arm making its way down to my hand, which he rested his on, as we stared into eachothers eyes. My heart was pounding inside my chest, as moments from Last night came back to me, like i wa shaving Deja Vu.

Us laying in bed, staring at eachother his hand touching mine under the covers, my other hand around his waist which was making it's way up to the back of his neck. Our breaths on eachothers faces, his hand making it's way to my hair, then resting on my cheek.

Suddenly i jumped bringing myself back to reality, His hand quickly lifting off mine, as Lando knocked on the window of the car door. Thankfully his windows were blacked out meaning you could see out but not in. I brought my hand up to my face, picking at the chapped skin on my lips as Oscar rolled opened the door, and got out, to which i did too.
"Finally, i've been waiting ages for my baby back," he said placing a hand on the roof of his car, as he placed another hand out for oscar to drop the keys in.

I started walking away ahead of them, as they walked together behind. I hoped and prayed today wouldnt be awkward from last night, but now the moment we had in the car, it was going to be hard not ignore what we had going on.

I entered the paddock walking through to find the mclaren garage, when i saw a boy just ahead of me walking next to a girl, their fingers interlocked, arms brushing together. His shirt was red from the back supposedly indicating ferrari. I couldn't help but have a feeling that it looked like Ollie, but why would he be here, there's no f2 race in hungary this year, right?

-------------

@ Ollie_Bearman
[via instagram story]

@ Ollie_Bearman[via instagram story]

-------------

a/n is it ollie?, also name change for the book, i just think it fits the lore i'm going for.
1546 words