XXII

I awoke the next morning feeling a lot better than i had done yesterday, when i was at the hospital, though being out of the hospital and in a bed i somewhat was familiar with was probably half of what made me feel as good as i did.

I was a little frustrated at the amount my nose was running, though ultimately it was my fault. I heard a knock on the door, i hadn't gotten out of bed yet and as i recall yesterday my legs were quite weak and fragile.

"One moment," i said to the person on the other side of the door. I swung my legs over to the side of the bed, stepping on them, as i lifted myself up, i grasped onto the side of the wall, my legs feeling heavy. I hobbled to the door, holding onto the wall for support as i made my way.

I almost stumbled at the last step to the door, falling onto it. "You okay?"" the voice at the other end spoke. "Uhmm yes," i said weakly turning the handle on the door, holding onto it for support.

As i opened the door, the face of a familiar was on the other end. "oh, oscar hey," i said trying to look strong as i was slipping down the frame of the door, unable to stand any longer. Oscar walked in, placing his arm around my waist to support me, my face turning slightly flushed.

He escorted my back to my bed, checking the time on his watch as he did. "what're you doing here?" I asked as he sat me on my bed, he paced the floor slightly trying to get signal on his phone as he reached up to the ceiling.

"oh, i came to see if you needed or wanted anything," he said as i looked at him a little funky cracking a smile before he continued, "Lando sent me," he said sitting next to me on the bed placing his phone onto his lap before turning to me.

"so.. is there anything you want," he asked looking at me. I waited to answer doing a mocking gesture towards him placing a finger on my lips and looking up to this sky before placing a hand on his shoulder.

"oscar, tell Lando i'll be fine, and i don't need anything, since obviously you're the messenger now right?" I said playfully giggling at him, as he stood up patronisingly as i scooted back to lay back in my bed.

"yeah yeah okay, seriously though, you're all good?" He asked looking slightly concerned, to which i smiled softly back at him. "Actually," i said peaking his interest,"Could you pass me the remote?" He sighed with a smirk on his face, throwing me the remote from the table only just out of my reach.

He was about to leave when i spotted my bottle of water on the tv stand just blocking it, therefore i decided to irritate, only slightly, Oscar a little more. He was about to walk out of my door when i stopped him by my words. "wait," i said as he turned to greet me once more. "yes, your highness," he replied back, making me blush at the nickname.

"could you pass me my water?" I said reaching out to grab it like a little toddler. He walked over rolling his eyes sarcastically, passing it over to me, our fingertips brushing against one another as he handed it to me.

"is that all for you princess," he said in a sarcastic tone, though the names he were using to address me, had begun to create butterflies in my stomach.
"actually, come here," i said gesturing to the side of the bed as he walked over hesitantly.

He stood for a few seconds looking confused until i reached up, placing a peck on his cheek, as a thanks for checking up on me and caring so much since i knew for a matter of fact that Lando definitely did not send him, and that he definitely should not be here when he had a race to get ready for in just over an hour.

"thanks," i followed with, waving him out as he walked out of the door nervously, as i took hold of the remote to change the channel to the formula 1 channel where the f2 race was currently taking place.

I watched it slightly looking up every now and then from my phone, bored to hell, having to be sat in bed all day 'resting'. I wanted to be there at the track doing my usual thing, though i was uncertain of wether i'd be able to return to this track for a while, though luckily this was the last before the summer break where i could cool off and think, really think, really hard.

I dozed off before the race begun, feeling obviously too comfortable in the bed to the point it made me tired or maybe it was the nausea talking. I woke up mid-race and looked at the leaderboard. Lando was in 6th and Oscar was out. Oscar was out? I thought to myself, before i noticed the conditions of the track. I hoped nothing had happened to him.

I grabbed my phone and dialled his number quickly. I heard the line go quiet before i heard his voice slightly panicked, as i sighed with relief. "Are you okay?" He asked on the other end. "yes perfectly fine now, thanks," i said before going to press the hang up before he spoke again. "gabi? Why'd you call?" He said questioning me, in a concerned tone, i could barely focus on his voice with the sound of the tv and all the background noise coming in from his end.

"oh uh, i- i just, i saw you had a dnf and i was worried, okay, is that what you wanted to hear," i could verbally hear his smile on the other end as he spoke back to me. "well sort of, yeah," he said back patronisingly as i scoffed at him before ending the call on him suddenly playfully.

@ GabiiNorizz
[via instagram stories]

———-a/n hands up if you want an oscar end game 🙋‍♀️1048 words

———-
a/n hands up if you want an oscar end game 🙋‍♀️
1048 words