XXIII

I stayed in spa one more day than the race just resting before my legs felt more stable for me to walk on. Fortunately for me, i had Oscar stay with me the whole time. I hadn't heard from Ollie in a few days for no reason that i knew of, him just being busy obviously. Though i didn't mind.

When the day came to leave for the summer break, Oscar helped me pack all my things making sure i hadn't left anything or was going to leave anything behind. He was super sweet and nice about it, as he should've left the day after the race but extended his stay ,which was slightly chaotic, to stay with me, to help me, i admired him for that.

"So are we ready?" He said as i picked up my heavy suitcase from the floor, before he headed straight too me, grasping it from my touch and into his, as he handed me the lighter bag to carry. "i can handle the suitcase you know," i said rolling my eyes as he dragged the suitcase behind him holding the door for me to exit first.

"well, you need to get your strength back, so i'll carry it for now," he replied with shutting the door behind me, walking out with the suitcase himself as we headed down the hall. At the same time, we both went to push the elevators button, each other hand resting on top of another's for a few moments before i pulled away from it quickly, apologising. "don't worry about it," he replied pushing the button, my cheeks slightly red.

We stood waiting for it to arrive in a comfy silence, i glanced at him by the side of my eye, his face sort of flushed also, putting a small smirk on my face. I looked down to my phone as the elevator arrived, stepping into it carefully as we stood shoulder by shoulder, i grasped harshly onto my phone before a lightbulb appeared above my head.

"this is a perfect photo opportunity," i spoke as Oscar scoffed pretending he hated the photo's we took but secretly he was the biggest fan of them. i posed for the photo as he smiled in the background before the elevator doors opened once more fetching us to the bottom floor to which i closed my phone placing it in my pocket.

____

Several hours later we were sat in our terminal awaiting our plane which was due to board in another hour or so. Oscar had been up super early so he looked tired, which was when i felt a heavy weight rested upon my shoulder, his locks brushing against my face. i pulled my phone out once again, heading to the messages on my phone, tapping on the contact, typing out a message which i deleted and retyped a million times, ideas of how and what to say flooding through my mind. I typed something simple before hitting the send button, my heart in my throat as the plane was told to begin boarding. I awoke Oscar with a little shake on the shoulder, which was easy as he wasn't in a deep sleep.

i turned my phone onto airplane mode before boarding therefore no notifications could come through, which was a good thing at the time.

We got sat in our seats on the plane, i had the window seat, perfect for taking pictures of the sky, and Oscar had the aisle seat and we had bought the middle one to guarantee nobody was sat in between us giving us as much space as possible.

"Oscar budge over to this seat so i can get a picture," he budged over to the seat beside me placing his head just over my shoulder so i could get a good angle for us. I took it and thought he would move back over to his original seat, but he didn't, he stayed.

I decided not to question it, as i didn't mind his presence being there, probably because it was him, and not some random person. The flight back to England wasn't long, though i had grown tired from all the travelling and waiting already today, so my eyes grew heavy and before i knew it i felt myself doze off into a delicate slumber.

————
As i awoke i felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me carefully, and speaking into my ear softly whispering my name. "Gabi, we're here," the voice of Oscars said softly as my eyes fluttered open to meet his gaze. I stood as i watched others left the flight, both of us following after them. I yawned a little tired still as the cold summer air of England hit me. Though i was used to the feeling by now.

I looked to my phone turning off the flight mode but ignoring it until we got into a car that would take us to our homes, fortunately for us, we lived in the same city so one of us wouldn't have to endure two stops to different cities which was handy.

Oscar sat upfront with the driver as i sat in the back, placing in my earphones, to relax and listen to some songs as all the notifications rolled into my phone, which had begun to get quite annoying to say the least. Though one of the notifications caught my attention as the name popped up. Once again my heart felt as though it was in my throat as i was hesitant to click it and see what he had said.

Suddenly i felt a tap on my leg as i looked up to see Oscar turning back to me, as i took out one of my earphones. "you okay, you look a little pale," he asked looking slightly concerned. i nodded and smiled at him before replying "yeah, just a bit tired is all," he looked back to the front after subtly smiling at me, to which i looked back at my phone pressing the notification feeling more confident.

hey, we need to talk 🙂
Ollie🐻
what about?

I think we're better as just friends, i don't want to hurt your feelings but i think it needs to be said.

I sent the next message after his reply to the first, typing it thoroughly making sure he understood what i was saying and that i meant no harm about what i was saying.

Ollie🐻
Is this because of Oscar?

@ GabiiNorizz

England i am in you 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Mentioned: @ OscarPiastriLiked by @ OscarPiastri and 5736 othersComments@ LandoNorris see you soon 😋✌️@ OscarPiastri i'm literaly right next to you❤️ Comment liked by @ GabiiNorizz @ user3726 what cuties@ user74...

Mentioned: @ OscarPiastri
Liked by @ OscarPiastri and 5736 others
Comments
@ LandoNorris see you soon 😋✌️
@ OscarPiastri i'm literaly right next to you
❤️ Comment liked by @ GabiiNorizz
@ user3726 what cuties
@ user7492 Gabi Slayed these photos

————
a/n i think we all know where this is going

1133 words