XII

During the car ride to the track, i was slightly thrown off by the post ollie had made on his instagram, He was looking for me, why? he had someone else, why would he still want me.
My heart sunk even more as my phone sounded with a notification, from a text, my whole body sunk as i read the name, not wanting to feel the breaking of my own heart again.

Ollie🐻
Hey😁

I read it feeling like my body was about to shut down, though maybe i would respond and play with him a little like he played with me.
Whilst constructing a plan inside my head, i felt the gaze of Oscar peering from him shoulder glancing at my phone, i heard the tightening of his grip on the steering wheel.

Hey 😋

Do you maybe wanna hang out tomorrow, we haven't all weekend and i thought it'd be nice, some time together. So?

i typed a reply before deleting it, trying to come up with something maybe a little less desperate but also something that screamed yes, though i felt i was overthinking it too much and a simple 'sure' or 'yes' would be completely fine.

yeah, sure after the race we can

I turned my phone down, resting it on my lap, as i heard a song play from the radio, i hummed along, catching Oscar's attention, to which he chuckled slightly making me stop and look at him. "what," i said giggling along with him before resuming my humming and air drumming the solo parts.
we laughed to each others humming and singing the rest of the way to the course, it was sweet and totally amusing, also i felt comfortable like he was someone i could trust and i hope he could trust me too.

As we made it to the race track the first half of my day i spent working out my nee camera and seeing how it worked as it was differently made to my first, though it was relatively easy to learn, as it was pretty similar with slight differences. I decided to test the picture mechanism to make sure i had set everything up right on Oscar catching him off guard to which he noticed and rolled his eyes before returning to looking at his information.

The day went as usual, though i didn't see any of Ollie even though he was desperate to see me, though he could wait until tomorrow. My only question was, what he was doing here, he didn't have a race and he doesn't just show up to the ones he's not racing at so like, why was he here, it wasn't meant to come across in a bad way but in my mind it sort of did, though knowing what i saw he sort of deserved my anger and my ignorance.

——
After the qualifying session, some of the drivers including Lando were going out to get food and have drinks [non alcoholic] and Firstly Lando invited me which i wasn't too sure about, since i was kind of outcasted to them like i wasn't one of then so i would kind of just be sat there, enjoying good food, true, but probably not worth the bore of the night, and i didn't think anyone i was like close with was going, or would be there.

Oscar approached me, as i was looking back through the images i had taken that day, they weren't the best but they weren't the worst definitely for it being a new camera. "Gabi," he said though received no reaction from me as i was in my own little world analysing the people in the backgrounds of the photo's, until hr placed a hand on my shoulder, making me look up, slightly scared.
"you weirdo, just lurking on people," i said, brushing his hand from my shoulder as i stood to his level, before resting my back on a wall, to which he followed me to.

"Gabi," he said scratching the back of his neck, sort of awkwardly. "What," i responded rolling my eyes though not looking up to him as i slouched against the wall. "Uh well, you know that like little dinner most of us drivers are having," i sighed still clicking through the images below me. "Tell Lando, no i'm still not going with him,"