XXXI

Oscar's Pov of the last two chapters

---------------------

Gabi had previously mentioned that she was going to be attending Ollie's party, she asked me to go with her but i was busy, i had a family thing to go to, but it wasn;t something i wanted to attend really, despite not having seen my family in quite some time, i just coulodn;t stand the thought of Gabi being alone, well there would be other people, with Ollie, the guy she had previosuly had a romance with. 

Possibilities ran through my head of what could happen, my stomach twisting and turning at the ones i hated the most, the thought of her and him, again. i kept my hopes high and just trusted Gabi on this one, though i don't know why i had too since we weren't together, we were just an idea, a thought a possibility of what could be. 

i looked to instagram on the drive to my family dinner, i saw a post from Gabi. she was wearing a short blue dress which fit her perfectly, and her hair straight but swoopy in all the right directions at the same time. she looked happy though part of her face was not visible, which made me smile somewhat, knowing of her emotions, though i was uncertain of the genuineness of it, which is what made me feel a little insecure. 

I arrived at the place, my driver parking up awaiting to escort me in, due to the possibility of a fan moment happening, though it was all a little much honestly, since i've been places before without this sort of protection and nothing has ever happened but oh well it's better to be safe than swarmed. 

i entered seeing a large table of all the people i knew and had grown up around, all sat there only waiting for me, then i looked around and saw another empty seat, just next to mine, which was slightly odd but maybe somebody was unable to show, though it seemed everyone was there. 

i walk over to them, my head held high plastering a somewhat fake smile on my face, actually happy to see everyone but not happy i was here. "hi," i found myself repeating, doing handshakes with most of the lads on the table and then nodding my head at the women, but giving my parents both hugs along with them telling me how proud they were. 

i sat down in one of the two empty seats beside eachother, everyone still looking towards me as i did so. "why is there an extra seat?" i asked inquisitive and eager to know. a few of them looked at me and smiled before my mother began speaking. "well we noticed, you've not really got anyone in your life here beside you're racing guys, so we though, we would invite a family friend to maybe keep you company,".

My lower jaw dropped within seconds after hearing her words. Were thye insane, they knew nothing of my life, how were they to know i didn't already have someone, which i sort of did. I felt my heart sink and my eyes buldge out of my head when i looked towards my mother who had a grin on her face, as if she was proud of herself, but i couldn't tell her how ridiculous her idea was, she was too sweet and frail and probably couldn't handle the heartbreak of my disappointment. 

I smiled back at them all and nodded my head before speaking again, "well isn't that nice," i said blankly, my expression not changing before i took a sip of the glass of champagne already displayed on the table infront of me. I then swapped the empty glass for the full one that was for the person sat next to me, gladly which went unoticed by the rest of the table, since they had turned their heads to look at the woman approaching the table. 

She was dressed in a fitted black dress with a black clutch purse and some black heels, she was a brunette, her skin a little dark making it easier for her to pull off the all black look. she looked over to me, us both making eye contact, before she passed me sitting down in the seat at the edge of the table before she turned to me. "Hi, Juliete, i presume you're the imfamous Oscar," she said making hand gestures. Her voice was a little higher than i had expected causing me to swallow on my saliva and cough almost choking.