Chapter 7 - Hard Distances

~ Lydia ~

I wake up from a brush on my right side. I turn back over and see his face. He gave me a smile and held my hand when I darted out of the bed with a shirt covering a part of my body. I rummaged around to grab my clothes and turned around to see him holding my panties. Spinning them on his fingertips with a smirk. I grab them and got dressed as I walked to the door.

"Shit...Shit..." I mumbled. With the blanket wrapped around his lower half, he grabbed my wrist, with his warm hazel eyes.

"Wait. What's wrong?"

"It wasn't a dream, was it?" I asked, looking away.

With a scoff as he pulled me close, "If it were a dream, you just had wet one."

He said it with a side smirk. I shoved his hand away which gave him a disappointed look.

"You know this wrong, right?" I said while stepping back.

"But doesn't it fell so right?" He said as he stepped forward. "Either way...Being with you, I feel.."

I scoffed, walked out and went to my room. Crashed on my couch, wiped my tears.

~ Jacob ~

Got dressed and went to my car. I looked at the other lot and see her car isn't there. It feels like my heart dropped to my stomach. I sat in my car, clenching my steering wheel, thinking what did I do wrong. She walked out on me, after me made love. I didn't care if it looked wrong or anything. Either way, I loved her.

Made it to class, the class was full and mostly greeting form the girls in the classroom. One of the students raised her hand to ask if I was married. I said no and some of the girls were excited and squealed.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I was about to answer when Lydia walked into the door. The room went silent as she walked to her desk, avoiding me. She set her stuff down and one of the office assistants called for her. She got up and left, without saying anything or even making eye contact with me. I wanted to call out to her but she'd just ignore me anyways.

I gave the class the last 10 minutes of free time. They went from talking about their little parties to rumors.

"Yea, like, Did you know Lydia lives by herself....lucky." I refer back to my filing cabinet and it's true, no info on her parents or address. There were some, actually most areas in her file are blacked out.

"Did you know that she was at the underground fight last week. It was brutal yo..." Fight?

"Yea, my brother bobby saw her talking to one of the house thugs there, like thugs!" They kept talking about her which made me feel dizzy. Finally, the bell rang and her stuff was still at her desk.

I walk to her desk, looked at the door, and back down at her backpack. I carefully looked inside and found a thick envelope, it was filled with benjamins.

As I was about to go further on looking, she snatched her backpack and glared at me. I walked passed her to close the door and lock it.

"Step aside." she demanded. I stood my ground with my arms crossed.

"Why did you walk off and why do you have a wad of cash in your backpack?" I walked to her, she clenched her backpack strap.

"1. Your my teacher. We can't have a affair and besides, even if we can. You wouldn't be safe with me anyways." I reached out to grab her arm, she shifted away. "And why? That's none of you business." I got irritated her last response.

"It's now my business. When you left my class, they were talking how your in a fight house, drugs, and you don't have parents." That got her interested and leaned on her desk.

"Yea. What if I am? From those file you have on your desk, I'm sure you can figure it out." She said it in her sass voice. "What happened last night...was a mistake."

She's pushing me away, even though she just opened up to me. I didn't want to accept this. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I don't want her to go, I don't want her to leave.

~ ~ ~ > OK, dreams are dangerous....lol. Let me know what ya'll think.