Chapter 37

~ Lydia ~

I wake to an alarm. Yeah, there's no need for an alarm cuz no more school. I literally yanked the cord out and threw it in the closet. Thanks a lot. My phone goes off for another alarm. "Seriously?"

J Calling.....

"Hello?"

"Oh so now you're awake? I knocked so loud that the neighbors knocked back. Please tell me you already packed?"

"Uhh...Yeah."

"OK, see you in 2 hours." '2 hours?'

I quickly boxed the last things and rushed to get dressed.

"Hair up or down? Up? Down? Ugh...whatever."

I got my backpack ready of necessities. Once I got to my door, there was already a knock.

"Oh. OK."

"C'mon....we gotta beat traffic."

He grabbed my bag and the movers took our last down stairs.

~

4 hours till take-off....

My stomach started to call and he just kept looking at me.

"You didn't eat did you? I'm sorry that I rushed you. I'm just so...excited for us."

"Don't you think...I don't know...it's all too fast?"

"The faster we leave, the more reassure I feel that nothing's gonna happen to you."

I gave a deep sigh as we pull up to the terminal gates. "When are you gonna stop babying me?"

"Never." He gave the car to the valet and people came out to take our things to the plane. "Wait here." He kissed my forehead and alone I sat. I popped my earbuds in and stare to the planes rolling in. My stomach really didn't want to shut up. I looked around and see a Starbucks joint.

"Ehh....2 hours, why not." I walked up to the cashier, Jared.

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks. May take I your order?"

"Umm...yeah, I have a grande mocha java chip."

"Whipped?"

"Yes." I waited on the side and my name in a few minutes was already called. "That was fast." He handed me my cup, his fingers touched over mine. He didn't let go of the cup and smiled at me. Not bad just....unexpected.

"You know what's the best that's happened today?"

"No, what?"

"It's the first word in that sentence."

I thought about it but what's there to think about. I laughed and we finally let go. He lightly licked his lips and told me to have a great day. I walked away and saw something written in my cup.

"If God made anything more beautiful than you, I'm sure he'd keep it for himself. I'd be the devil to steal you away. ;) - Jared"

My smile grew bigger that when Jacob came looking for me, I couldn't hide it. I turned around and he was gone. I looked back at Jacob, looking behind me as he came walking.

"Why are you smiling?"

I brought the cup closer to me, hiding my lips. He looked down and snatched my cup, his jaws clenched. "Who the fuck is Jared?" I tried to take my cup back but no good. "Who is he?"