Chapter 38 - Mrs. Pann?

~ Jacob ~

Elevation during the ride was getting to us. I feel like I wanna puke. Lydia was taking this well, since she was chewing gum. I didn't know chewing mint gum helps nausea. Anyways, we finally pull in to our new home. Me and the driver loaded all of the stuff in the house. I walked out to get her sleepy self and she wasn't there. I freaked out. I walked further out. The driver left waving goodbye and I'm still running around like a maniac.

"Lydia! Where are you?"

I ran down this rigid trail and I see her. She's sitting at the bridge on a rail. She's so beautiful, like how is she still with me. Her long wavy hair, flowing down her back and her smile as she looks out to the trees. I ran down to her, grabbed her from behind. Her nails dug in to my arms from my surprise.

"Ahh..."

"That's what you get!"

"Don't make me bite you."

She licked my lips, "Please do."

"You're such...god, I love you." The clouds started to get darker. 

"Race ya." She elbowed me me to the chest and took off.

We ran back up to the cabin only to find mud trails and they weren't ours. "Stay here."

"No."

~ Lydia ~

We tip-toed in and followed the trail. I peeked into the kitchen but his bulge was making the situation difficult.

"Really? C'mon."

"Sorry, can't help it." He gave me a smirk but we shot our direction to the floor. Mud streaks were all over the place.

I took off both my boots and threw one to what seems to be a tail, black and white. It jumped on the counter and hissed at us.

"AHHHH!!!!"

I darted for us but Jacob used his jacket to smack it away. It scurried out the door and I was on the floor with my back against the wall, panting. He just stood there and laughed at my face. I did not find any of that funny. I threw my other boot at him, he continued to laugh as he went to close the door. I felt goosebumps up my spine and shoulders. I can back smiling and I just glared at him.

"Oh, c'mon....your face, it was priceless."

Stare.

"It was just one...."

"We could've got rabies from it, idiot."

He just kept laughing as I tried to stand up. My chest started to hurt and my ears began to burn and itch.

"OK, so we should -snickers-...we should hook everything.....Lydia?"

My chest started to hurt. I clutched my hand on my chest, forcing to calm down. "I h...hate you..."

"Lydia...I'm sor..."

"Forget it." I walked upstairs to look a our rooms with my hand still on my chest. He ran behind to pull me back for what seems to be a hug. I shoved his touch away and continued to walk upstairs. I start to tear up and my breathing got a little heavy. My heart pounded like crazy. I went straight to the bathroom and turned on the faucet. I washed me face in cold water and sat on the edge of the bathtub, my breathing was getting better and the pain went away. I guess it was a panic attack, my first to be exact. I saw a glass and filled it from the sink. I just sat on the floor, back against the shower door. I hear Jacob coming and placed my hand on my chest....feeling the beats.

"Babe! Are you OK?"

Stare.

I got up and put the glass on the sink. I couldn't hide my red eyes. He pulled me in for another embrace, lightly squeezing. "I'm sorry...I was being stupid. I saw your hand on your chest....I...Shit, I'm sorry..."

"It's OK. Let's go unpack."

"No. I'll do it, there's only a few boxes left and those are for the kitchen. Please."

"Just let me help..."

He just looked at me and held my hand as we walked downstairs. I opened the boxes for the dishes as he opened for appliances. I struggled to put the last plate away, he felt him pressing against my back side. He didn't move but wrapped his arms around me. I felt his soft, warm breaths on my neck. I intertwined my fingers with his. He then turned me around and lift me to sit on the counter. 

"I didn't mean to...."

I stopped him by a kiss. Held his face, nudging his face back as he keeps nudging forward. We broke apart and just stood there.

"I love you Lydia."

"I love you Jacob."

"I know this is...c'mon." I followed him to the backyard and there was a gazebo. "Lydia....As much as I want to spend my life with you, I want to ask you something."

"Anything."

I sat on the bench and as soon as I sat down, he was already on his knees. "This is crazy...us. We've been through with so much shit. Ups and downs but look at us, we're still here. Can't believe I was your teacher and you were my student. If only we weren't the way we were, things could've been easier for us but I'm so fucking happy that I've met you."

I started to tear up and held my chest again. 

"I can't....my love, my life, I can't lose you like that again." He them pulled out a velvet box and opened it. "Will you make me the happiest man alive? Will stay by my side no matter what? Will you marry me?"

No words could escape past me lips. I lunged at him with a kiss, "Yes. Hell Yes." I took off the promise ring and put in the velvet box. I felt my life ring, the cold band sliding on to my finger. His touch made it warm. He picked me up and spun me as we kissed.

"I love you Jacob."

"I love you Lydia. Till now and forever."

~

~

~

End!

Fucking A ! ! ! ! 

So far, there have been about 604 views. I honestly didn't think this many people will read this piece of crap. My first piece of crap but this actually helped me built my confidence to keep writing. I seriously thought me writing this was a stupid idea. Like why keep going? I didn't give up and I'm happy for this.

So, thank you everyone for taking the time to read my book and the patience for my updates.

I'm currently writing other books, still under edit. 

Again, thanks everyone.

PEACE!