Chapter 15 - No more

~ Jacob ~ 

Back to school but had to stop. It could've been worse. Right when we were about to pull in, a group of students walked across and called out my name. I waved back but they were also looking at Lydia. She started to raise the take-out in front of her and people started to walk away but looking back. What went through my mind was that, they were gonna start taking pictures and spread it around, I would lose my job, Lydia will have to move, and I would never see her again. Parked the car and we remained silent. She opened the door but I grabbed her hand. She started to twist her hand, yanking away. 

"Lydia, wait." Some of the students were getting out and walking this way. I let go and got out with her. She walked away, looking around and back at her. I ran back up to my room only to find the class surrounding Lydia. She grabbed her backpack, they were mostly girls btw, and one of the girls blocked her away and held her finger up.

"Like what were you doing with Mr. Pann?"

"What's going on?"

"Are you hoeing around?"

Her expression flared. "Back the fuck up before if you wanna keep that whole hand."

Some of the guys in the back were taking out there phones until one of them pointed out, " Hey, wasn't she at the Underground?" 'Underground?' "Yeah...Oh shit yeah, she is. That's her." They were excited and moving closer. "Amy. Sit down, Lydia ain't playing." Some of the girls were getting intimidated and stared to back away except for Amy. Amy pushed her and Lydia did nothing till she slapped her, blood from the corner of her lips slowly running down.

"Are you done?" Lydia stepped forward and Amy's face changed. She backed away and turn to run but Lydia grabbed her hair and lifted her up with only her tiptoes on the floor. She let go and pushed her forward, making her stumble. She ran back to her, Lydia dodged, held her foot out, and Amy tripped and fell. Lydia picked up her backpack and as soon she took at step away, Amy got up and raised her hand and Lydia shot out her hand to her neck, holding her neck and threw her back. There was silence in the room and then a gasp. One of Amy's side-hoes jabbed her with scissor in her shoulder, she backed away and stuttered saying sorry. Amy still on the floor, covering her mouth and the guys looked at her in shock. Lydia faced her with no hesitation and pulled out the scissor like a band-aid. "Gunshots have a longer feeling." I was shocked and walked to her. She smacked my hand away and walked out with blood dripping from her fingers. Bloody scissor on the floor, confiscated all the phones but only one phone sent the video but only the part of when Lydia tripped Amy, thank god. 

Cops came in with the principal, taking Amy and her friend out. They questioned about Lydia and Amy's friends said that Amy started it and Lydia was just defending herself. 'Wow, some friends.' The guys hesitated and said the same thing. I texted her but nothing. I called and she put me through voicemail. School was out and I raced home. Her door was cracked open and there were these people sitting in the living room and Lydia was sitting with a coke in her hand.

"L.A to Morocco. It's done and sealed. It's even sold out."

"Big J is gonna be there and Lydia. Undefeated female right?" She smiled and got up to the front. "Your going right?" Her smile faded and leaned back with her arms crossed. She had bandages wrapped around her shoulder and she kept brushing on it. "Hey, you won last week at the warehouse. People thought you weren't gonna show up." They all smiled and laughed. 

"But I did. No hesitation." They got silent and nodded their heads. Looked around and at the door. My heart raced but I hit my head at the door, I know..stupid right? The door swung open and I was pulled in. I heard guns click and the door shut behind me. Lydia looked at me, rubbing her forehead and walked to me. "It's OK. He's with me. He's my..." she looked at me and pulled me away from them. "...He's my personal medic." They looked at each other and bought it. 

"Hey, let Carlos know by tonight." They made hood eye contact with me and out they went. 

Lydia walked to the kitchen but I pulled her back, ignoring the shoulder. She looked away, her hands clenched, keeping her distance. I pulled her to the couch and sat her down. She still looked away and hands between her knees. 

"Please, no more. No more close ups. I want to know...everything. I'm not leaving till you spill." I kept her in place, faced to her. I grabbed her hands and pulled them to me. "Please, Lydia...no more." She still remained quiet and faced me. Her silence was killing me. I pulled her in and held her tight. I laid back with her on top of me. Again, she was like a missing puzzle piece. I rubbed her arm and she looked up at me. 

"I'm sorry Jacob." 

~ ~ ~ > Only focused more on the guy just because I want to bring more of him out but a little smidgen of that Lydia life. Hmm...Underground? Morocco? OK, what's going on?