One - Dragon Twins

-

-

129 A.C

"Se lōgor iksis va rāenion. Se vali henujagon adere." Jacaerys's pronunciation had not gotten all that better through the years, but he had been trying and that was enough to make his twin sister clap. Even if the maester did not look as pleased as she did. (The boar is near the bay. The men exit fast.)

"Twas good, young prince, but there is room for improvement." Maester Gerardys would tell Jace, and it only served to make the prince beat on himself for not being better. He, very lightly, hit his fist on the Painted Table as if that would help him better his Valyrian.

Saera knew her twin like the back of her hand, so she walked to him and placed a gentle hand on his forearm in an attempt to soothe him. "Tis enough Valyrian for this day brother. Why do you not take Vermax out for a ride? The sun is shining bright."

Jace's angry demeanor faded in an instant, his twin always knew how to calm him down. He gave her a loving smile and a swift nod. "Very well then, we shall go riding together. Vermax is waiting." Jace put out his arm for her to take so he could escort her but she shook her head lightly.

"I promised Lucerys I would watch him train, claims he has learned new moves that one." Saera says ever so sweetly as she speaks of her little brother, but it only works to annoy Jacaerys, like she knew it would.

"You've barely spent any time with me, sister. You just got back from the Vale and already you want to leave me again." He complained, and Saera smiled lightly, though annoyed by his possessiveness, she would never dare show it. She had spent a moon in the Eyrie with her ladykin, Jeyne Arryn.

"I was gone for a month, Jace, not twelve. And Lucerys too deserves attention , and Joffrey... and mother. Even Rhaena deserves my attention." Saera was kind in the way she spoke, she would never want to upset Jacaerys for upsetting him would work to upset her too.

"A moon without you felt like twelve. But tis fine, let me escort you down to the shore so you can watch Lucerys." Jace replied, once more extending his arm for her to take and this time she did, allowing her twin brother to escort her.

Jacaerys had been born all of ten minutes before Saera had. They were twins, beautiful children born healthily to the Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and to Ser Laenor Velaryon. Though most knew the twins were not true Velaryons due to their full heads of brown hair.

Jacaerys learned the concept of being a twin when he was all of six years of age. He learnt it when Aegon, their oldest uncle, made his sweet sister cry when he stole one of her favorite toys. Seeing Saera cry was his worst fear, because his sweet sister was so perfect that her crying was just odd and a nighmare to her twin. So he knew then and there that as twins, he was meant to protect her from all and any harm.

From that day on, Jacaerys would trail his sister as if he was her shadow. It was all Saera ever knew: her brother being there to protect her from any harm. Jacaerys was the perfect twin. When Saera's egg never hatched, he promised to share Vermax with her. Because he was perfect.