Nine - Take Care of You

-

-

Dinner with the royal family was a chore for Saera, though she never dared show it. She despised sitting at the dining table whilst Otto Hightower watched her closely, and she despised the snarky comments the Queen made her way. Most of all though, she dreaded the silence that was almost deafening as they all ate. She had a feeling nobody at the table even liked eachother.

"So um... how is my grandsire?" Saera asked as she stirred the beans on her plate with her fork. Aegon cleared his throat, whilst Aemond remained unmoving. The Queen sighed and gave Saera a sly smile. "Better, but still in much pain." The Queen stated.

She had to see him, even more now that her mother had written to her asking about him the night before. "Can I see him soon? I miss him dearly." Saera said with a small smile, but Alicent was not smiling back at her.

"He is too sickly to see you yet, he is on poppy milk to be able to get through the pain of his wounds." Otto answered, making her sigh in defeat. Saera gritted her teeth together and grabbed her goblet of wine, chugging it rapidly. Aegon chuckled with a smirk. "Careful, little niece, you might get yourself drunk there ." Her eldest uncle said.

"Drunk?" Saera asked as she set the goblet back down on the table. Aegon raised a brow, but before he could answer, Aemond was shutting him down. The first time he had spoken in all of the supper. "Not everyone wishes to be a lowlife drunk like yourself, brother." He grumbled, narrowing his eye on his brother.

"Not everyone is a sanctimonious prick, little one." Aegon snarked back, making Saera widen her eyes at the brothers. "Quiet! The Princess will think you two hate each other." Alicent scolded, making Aegon snicker.

"But we do." The comment loomed over the table awkwardly, and nobody spoke for the rest of the supper.

After supper was over, Saera was escorted back to her rooms by Allan, where Elinda was awaiting for her to help her change into her night gown. But before they could get started, a knock came to her door. Saera opened it eagerly to reveal her Uncle Aegon wearing a cloak, and holding another. "Niece." Aegon nodded his head, looking over her slowly. "Uncle. How do you do?" She asked politely, wondering what he was seeking at this late of night.

"Good. I was just wondering..." He trailed off, strutting past her and into her chambers. "Have you never been drunk?" He asked with a raise of his brow. Elinda emerged from Saera's bedchamber quickly as soon as she heard his voice, concerned.

"I have not. Tis not proper of a lady to drink feverishly says my mother." Saera answered, whilst Elinda stood guard over the conversation. She knew the prince's antics all too well. "Oh please, my sister drinks like a Bravosi seahorse." Aegon rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"The Princess Rhaenyra does not." Elinda chirped angrily, making Aegon eye her with an annoyed expression ln his face. "I'm sorry... I forgot the part where I asked a castle wench her opinion." He hummed.