Seventeen - For You

-

-

"Princess, wake up. The Queen is here to see you." Saera was shaken awake by her lady in waiting, and when she only groaned in response, Elinda continued shaking her gently. "Princess... The Queen is here, up."

Alicent was there. Saera shot up in bed and looked at Elinda with a confused look on her face. Why in the Seven Hells was Alicent there at the top of the morning? Did she know? Did somebody tell her? Was she coming here to exile her?

"She says tis urgent, princess. She needs to speak to you." Elinda told Saera and instantly fear was written all over he face. "No!" Saera exclaimed and jumped out of bed, pacing around her bedchamber as she trembled. She had sinned, and now the Queen was here to punish her.

"I can not just tell the Queen to leave... You must see her, princess. I am sure it is not anything bad." Elinda assured Saera, but then again— she had no idea what Saera had done at that fateful supper. She gave herself away to her uncle, gave him everything that she was, and there was no way to take it back.

"Elinda, if you let the Queen in, I will fling myself over that balcony railing. I swear it to you." Saera threatened shakily, and her heart stopped when she heard a dry laugh coming from the door to her bedchamber.

"Quite dramatic, isn't it?" Alicent had shown herself into Saera's apartments, and was now standing at the bedchamber door with pressed lips and a stern gaze. Elinda gulped, and Saera's mouth gaped open and then closed. How was this happening? Would she be able to say her goodbyes?

"Leave us, Elinda." The Queen ordered, and the lady obviously did as she asked— though Saera almost ran to cling to Elinda for dear life and beg her not to leave her alone with Alicent. As if a mere lady could save her from the Queen's wrath.

When finally alone Alicent said, "Princess, I fear that we have much to talk about. Serious things. Important things that shall not be delayed." as she walked further into Saera's bedchamber. She looked around and hummed approvingly. The princess was at the very least organized, she had to give her that.

Saera was looking at Alicent with wide eyes, "T-They can most definitely be delayed..." she said nervously, swallowing the bile that rose in her throat when she thought of everyone that would be hurt from her callous actions. Her mother would be so disappointed.

"No." Alicent stated and moved to sit on the edge of Saera's bed, making her panic, as laying right besides her was the one steamy book Aegon had given her. Saera was praying for Alicent to not notice it, begging the Gods.

"I feel more than terrible for the way that I treated and scolded you yesterday. I have come to apologize, princess. You have been an agreeable guest, and I have no complaints. You are good, kind and dutiful." Alicent told her, and Saera swore she could feel the weight of a dragon be lifted off her shoulders. Her transgressions were still a secret, and she hoped it stayed that way.