Five - Seven

seven - Taylor Swift-

-

119 A.C

A child's giggle echoed through the forest. A beautiful sound. A sound that made Laenor Velaryon want to be the best father possible for the sweet girl.

Saera Velaryon was in between her father's legs as they rode a horse, and she was giggling through their journey. She was having the time of her life with her father, and she felt lucky that he was willing to teach her to ride a horse since she could not ride a dragon. Whilst her brothers were off in the pit, she was flowing through the forest with her father and his squires.

"Hold on!" Laenor exclaimed as their horse made a leaping jump over a fallen three branch, and this only made Saera giggle harder. She clapped her hands eagerly and turned her head to find her father's squires close by. "They're close, daddy!" Saera shrieked, and it made Laenor laugh loudly.

They would ride all day and when back in the Keep, Saera was always excited to hear Jace's stories from the pit and Vermax. And she was excited to tell him of her ride with their father. She walked happily to her family's chambers, humming a song that she heard one of her father's squires singing.

But she stopped suddenly when she heard scolding coming from her grandfather's chambers. "Are you insane, boy?! You must never go into the caves again! No dragon down there is going to let you claim them with this display of stupidity!" Her grandsire was yelling. Saera was confused, and she wanted to run to her mother but she stayed.

The Queen was heard defending whoever was being scolded and then the door opened, a crying Aemond running out of the chambers. He sniffed and stopped when he saw his niece staring at him, but then kept on running down the corridor.

Saera did not think twice and was running after him. He ran without stopping, not even when she called for him to. He ran into the Godswood and climbed a tree, his tree, their tree. Saera panted when she finally caught up to him and looked up at his crying face, her heart sad for him.

"What's wrong, uncle?" Saera breathed out, looking up at him through her lashes. Aemond sniffed and looked down at his niece.

"My father hates me! He hates me because I don't have a dragon!" Aemond complained, and Saera frowned. "Grandsire does not hate you." Saera stated fiercely. Her grandsire was kind and loving, she was sure it was just a misunderstanding.

"You don't know him like I do! He is always mad at me! He hates me!" Aemond said, his voice angry and loud. Saera sighed and sat down in the grass, looking up at him with a smirk. She suddenly got an idea to make her uncle feel better.

"I know why! I heard that the castle is haunted! My father said so! If your father's always mad then that must be why! The King is dealing with ghosts!" Saera said, excited to finally have cracked the case of the King's angriness towards youngest.