Eight - It's Nice To Have A Friend

It's Nice To Have A Friend - Taylor Swift

-

Aemond couldn't focus on his swordtraining that day. His mind was constantly travelling back to Saera Velaryon and those beautiful doe eyes of hers. He could feel her rushing through his veins, just like when they children. As Criston Cole swung his sword at the prince, Aemond could only think of Saera and her smile. Her kindness, her hair, her dresses, her hands. He was a man obsessed, and he scolded himself in his mind for it.

"You are distracted, young prince." Cole huffed as he stopped his movements and dropped his sword to the side. Of course he was distracted, all he could think about was Saera Velaryon and her beauty. "Mayhaps tis fitting that we end our session here. I am not at my best." Aemond confessed as he moved to take off his gloves from his hands and drop his sword in the weapons table.

"Very well then." Criston nodded his head and moved to remove his gear too. Aemond was quick to fix himself up, and without another word to his instructor, he set out to find Saera. Aemond expected her to be out in the gardens enjoying the beautiful day that was happening in King's Landing so he walked to them, and there she was, just like he expected.

She was sitting on a small cushion by the godswood, laughing as she painted into her canvas. Her protector was sitting in front of her, seemingly posing as Saera painted him a portrait. "Stop your moving, Allan!" Aemond could hear her giggle. Aemond was jealous. Why should he not be? His niece was painting some other man whilst laughing and being adorable whilst he watched. Torture. Aemond deemed it.

Aemond thought it best to leave them alone, so he turned around to go back from where he came from but he stopped in his tracks when he heard her voice. "Aemond?" She called and so he turned around to face her. Saera was smiling with bright eyes as she looked at him expectantly.

"Niece... I was just strolling the gardens." Aemond lied as he eyed Ser Allan Darklyn who in return gave the prince a curtly nod. "Oh! Um... I was just making Allan a portrait to send to his parents." Saera stated as she put her brush down in the grass.

"I'll leave you to it then." Aemond said stoicly and turned to leave. "Would you like me to accompany you on your stroll?" Saera asked, the hope evident in her voice. Aemond smirked ever so slightly and shrugged. "If you will."

Saera ordered Allan to take her canvas to her chambers in a soft manner and then stood up, going over to Aemond and shooting him a small smile. The pair began slowly walking down a trail, and Aemond could barely keep his eye off of Saera. His eye inspected her dress, noticing how it lacked Targaryen colors.

"So... I see you wear Arryn colors. Is it due to you being dragonbane?" Aemond asked tauntingly, making Saera roll her eyes slightly. "Maybe I just really like the color blue." Saera chuckled as she walked ahead of him, turning to give him a subtle smile. Aemond couldn't help but chuckle back, she was just precious.