Fifteen - Father

-

-

After that insane encounter with Allan, Saera locked herself in her bed chamber and refused to exit them. She barricaded the door with her desk chair and refused to open it for anyone, not even for Elinda when she came to bring her food. She had never felt so embarrassed in her life. She never wanted to see Allan again.

She had paced her bedchamber for hours, trembling as she relived her moments with Aemond and then with Allan. What in the Seven Hells was she thinking?

She was not thinking, she deduced.

If she were thinking then she would not have kissed Aemond and she would not have tried to seduce Allan.

Allan?! She questioned herself in her mind. Sure, he was handsome— but she had never seen him like that.

She was Jace's future Queen. Saera could not believe that she had slipped like that, perhaps it was a test from the Gods. A test that apparently she had failed more than tremendously, like the sinner she was.

She cried, and then she laughed because it was just absurd.

Her life was absurd.

She was betrothed to her twin brother. A notion that to most was absolutely disgusting, but to her family it was wonderful— perfect even. And she hated it.

Saera paced and paced, and then she went out to her balcony to try and clear her mind.

Though her mind would flash with memories of her actions with Aemond and Allan and she felt like dying from embarrassment all over again. She feared many things, but the one thing that she feared the most was that she enjoyed the feeling of having both of them so close to her.

As Saera stared into the many cobbly roofs of the capital, she thought of living under one of them.

What would it be like to be a peasant girl? To not feel the pressures of the crown she never even wanted weighing down on her.

Saera sighed as she daydreamed of a simple life, of being free— of loving whomever she wanted.

Then as she stared at the horizon, a screech interrupted her thoughts. She scrunched her nose in confusion and looked up at the sky to see a large dragon circling around King's Landing. Saera squinted her eyes as she looked at it, and she recognized the old dragon almost instantly.

Twas Vhagar.

"Oh for fuck's sake." Saera muttered and shook her head, entering her bedchamber and slamming the door after herself.

She flung herself on her bed and cuddled her pillow, thinking back to her time with Aemond. She liked him so much, it was driving her insane.

Saera stared at the canopy over her bed as she thought back to her childhood, to her time spent in King's Landing— and then to her time in Dragonstone.