Seven - Friends?

-

-

Saera was confused. Aemond called her a hypocrite, he claimed she ruined his life. And she did not get why. She did not really remember how she got the scar on her elbow, she remembered falling and she remembered Jacaerys picking her up. What did that have to do with anything? Aemond left her all confused in the feast and disappeared for the rest of the night, much to her chagrin.

That night she barely slept at all, tossing and turning, wondering what she had done to make Aemond so angry and resentful towards her. She knew what Lucerys did, but she was not her brother so why should she be punished for his doings? If anything she was against what her brother had done, but it was an accident.

The next day after breaking her fast with Elinda and Allan, she set out to look for her uncle. She searched all through the Keep, but could not find him. So she went into the courtyard where she found Criston Cole training young lords of the castle. "Ser Criston." Saera called him, gaining his attention and a smile.

"Princess..." The knight would give her a curtly nod and drop his wooden sword, moving towards her with kind eyes. "How are you on this fine day?" He asked, earning a smile from the girl.

"I am well, Ser Criston. I happen to be on the lookout for my uncle, Prince Aemond. I thought he would be here but I can not find him." Saera sighed.

"The Prince has gone riding on his dragon, princess. He left top of this morning... I reckon he should be back soon." Criston said softly, and Saera nodded her head and sighed. She was weirded out by Criston's kindness towards her since she was young. He hated her twin, yet he was more than nice to her. Not that she was complaining or anything.

"Oh okay. Very well then... I'll wait for him." Saera said and Criston shuffled on his feet, looking at the ground and then back up at Saera.

"I've just finished this lesson, princess. Would you perhaps be keen on teaching me some chess? If you're free, that is." Cole suggested, and Saera remained quiet for a minute. She thought about it long and hard. Did she really want to spend time with Criston Cole? He was always so rude to her brothers, especially to Jacaerys.

"Uh sure." Saera shrugged and nodded. She was not about to make an enemy out of Cole. Plus, what harm is there in playing a game with him?

They were escorted in silence to Saera's parlor by Allan, and her knight stood watch in a corner of the room whilst Saera prepared the chess board for herself and Criston Cole. The pair of them sat across from eachother and Saera began explaining how the game worked whilst the knight listened attentively.